Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Merchant Marines

  • Forrest Plumstead
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2007
      I have a similar request. My fil was in the Navy but toward the end of the
      war he was assigned to a merchant marine vessel. He was credited with being
      the only person to sink a sub on a mm ship. Although he told me and his sons
      much about his WW II experiences he never told me the names of the ships he
      was on and they are not listed on his discharge papers. Any clues as to
      where I might look?

      Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
      PLUMSTEAD-L List master
      http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/surname/p/plumstead.html