Free Online Vital Statistics Records

  • Christy
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 24, 2007
      Does anyone know of a web address where you can look at birth certificates, death certificates and marriage licenses for free, without having to go through the State departments to get the information?

      Thanks in advance.

      Christy Connor

    • NANA22845@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 24, 2007
        It depends on the state. Arizona has birth and death online as I printed my
        Grandfathers. Here is a link

        http://www.publicrecordcenter.com/arizonapublicrecord.htm

        Shirley Benson Barber

      • Lisa Maria Taylor-Vences
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 28, 2007
          Some of these are available and some are not. In Missouri, you can
          only see death certificates (very high quality scans) for 1910-1956
          on-line at:
          http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/deathcertificates/

          Each state is different. I need to see certificates from KY if
          someone knows how to see them on-line please, please let me know.

          Just an aside, when I looked at my greatgrandmother's death
          certificate on-line, her date of marriage was listed as her
          birthdate!!! And her husband was the informant, I guess he must have
          been out of his mind with grief. She died at age 35 while pregnant of
          the flu during an epidemic, leaving behind 5 kids.

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Christy"
          <christyconnor@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know of a web address where you can look at birth
          certificates, death certificates and marriage licenses for free,
          without having to go through the State departments to get the
          information?

          > Thanks in advance.
          >
          > Christy Connor

        • kim_donley
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 29, 2007
            What ones do u need from KY?? I can get some thru Ancestry....And
            on the ones that dont have death certificates they have the death
            record.......its like from 1852-1951 or at least close to that...The
            actual death certificates are from 1911 on......But they dont have
            all because a lot of times one was not even filed......KIM

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa Maria Taylor-
            Vences" <taylorvences@...> wrote:

            > Some of these are available and some are not. In Missouri, you can
            > only see death certificates (very high quality scans) for 1910-
            1956
            > on-line at:
            > http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/deathcertificates/
            >
            > Each state is different. I need to see certificates from KY if
            > someone knows how to see them on-line please, please let me know.
            >
            > Just an aside, when I looked at my greatgrandmother's death
            > certificate on-line, her date of marriage was listed as her
            > birthdate!!! And her husband was the informant, I guess he must
            have
            > been out of his mind with grief. She died at age 35 while pregnant
            of
            > the flu during an epidemic, leaving behind 5 kids.
            >
            > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Christy"
            > <christyconnor@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Does anyone know of a web address where you can look at birth
            > certificates, death certificates and marriage licenses for free,
            > without having to go through the State departments to get the
            > information?
            > >
            > > Thanks in advance.
            > >
            > > Christy Connor

          • Billy Huffman
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2007
              you can look at most west virginia death records upto 1955 or 1956 and some birth and marriage records

              http://www.wvculture.org/vrr/va_select.aspx

              Billy Edward Huffman Jr
              John Edwards in 08