Retracing my steps: Merry - Dyer connection
- Retracing my steps: Merry - Dyer connection
John Herbert Merry born 8 March 1895 in Woodland, Aroostook County,
Maine, son of Herbert Leslie Merry (Asa 7, Jonathan 6, Asa 5, David
4, Samuel 3, Samuel 2, Joseph 1) and Selena Irene Raven (William
Neal 2, John 1). He died 23 July 1993 in Bangor, Penobscot County,
Sadie Jane Dyer born 30 April 1899 in Thorndike, Waldo County,
Maine, daughter of Edgar Willis Dyer (Parris 8, Levi 7, George 6,
[weak link here] Levi 5, William 4, William 3, William 2, William
1) and Anna May Dolloff (Daniel B 8, Daniel B 7, [weak link here]
Daniel B 6, Noah 5, Thomas 4, Nicholas 3, Thomas 2, Christian 1).
She died 16 November 1973 in Searsport, Waldo County, Maine.
Married 26 October 1917 in Thorndike.
1. Deceased son born 13 September 1918, died 2001. Married. One
2. Deceased son born 13 June 1921, died December 1985. Married,
divorced. One son. Married March 1962. One son.
3. Living daughter born 7 July 1922. Married, three sons and four
4. Living daughter born 18 September 1924. Married, five sons.
5. Deceased son born 23 April 1926, died 2 April 1988. Married,
three sons and four daughters.
6. Living son born 14 October 1927. Married, two daughters and one son.
7. Living daughter born 6 January 1932. Married, one son and one
8. Deceased daughter born 24 December 1940, died 26 December 1940.
John grew up in Thorndike and as an adult removed to Swanville,
Waldo County, Maine; Searsport, Waldo County, Maine; and Belfast,
Waldo County, Maine. In his senior years John lived in Lubec,
Washington County, Maine; Searsport; and Bangor. He was a farmer, a
fish peddler, a used car dealer and a lay minister who founded
several churches. He was highly respected by his peers and family.
Sadie grew up in Thorndike and at the age of 16 took the
responsibility of raising an orphan child. She worked at a local
canning company and was a very active woman who loved shopping.
If anybody has anything to add, subtract, confirm or refute I'd
like to hear what you've got.
If you'd like to add this information to your database or share it
with others feel free to do so and please cite the source. If you
would like to publish this information in your web site, your own
book, CD or other publication I would appreciate a note from you
saying so. This data is not to be submitted to any person,
organization or firm that in the business of collecting data to put
on commercial CD's or commercial web sites for the purpose of
selling it to their patrons.
28 North Searsport Road
Searsport, Maine 04974
Free Genealogy -- Roots should be shared.