RE: [Genealogy Research Club] Re:Ancestry.com

  • Clark & Rita Pederson
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 8, 2007
      Donna: The US does a census every 10 years, including 1940, 1950, 1960
      etc. however, the information is not released until the data is 72 years
      old for privacy reasons. So the last release was the 1930 census. It
      will be 2012 before the 1940 census is released. Prior to that only
      general statistically information is available.

      Clark

      Oregon

      _____

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 9, 2007
        Thanks Clark.... someone just told me that... i didn't know!!

        Donna

        Oregon

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 9, 2007
          I was able to find birthdate and death date, and several marriages and
          divorces... The other question I have is, did they a census in 1940?
          Also, i found the 1960 census, but I can't seem to find anything other
          than statistics. Do they no longer give names in the census? If so,
          what part of the census should I download?

          > Thanks again for all the help everyone has given me!!
          >
          > Donna
          >

          > There has been a census every ten years, but they are not released
          for I believe about 70 years. I cannot recall exactly but I think the
          1940 census will be released about 2014. You can get statistics but not
          actual names. This is done for privacy.

          Lisa