Newbie: Looking for some help

  • snbmoore
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hello Everyone,
      My name is Sharon and I just joined this group a few minutes ago. I
      recently got hooked on genealogy and have gotten a lot accomplished
      with my mom's side of the family, but am having no luck with my dad's
      side of the family. My grandparents were Astor David Hinkel (b: 12 dec
      1913; d: 21 apr 1987) who married Elizabeth Louise (Sperlbaum)( b:31
      dec 1914; d:25 sep 2003). Elizabeth's parents were Charles Sperlbaum
      (b: in weisport) and Kathryn (Yovich) (b:1894 in czechoslovakia;
      d:1939). Charles's parents were Ferdinand Sperlbaum (b: 1853 in
      Germany....arrived in US in 1874) and Louise (Kramer) (b:1858).
      Kathryn (Yovich)'s parents were Joseph Yovich and Elizabeth.

      That is all the info I have on my grandmother's side. I have a tad bit
      more on my grandfather's side but not much (I don't have time to write
      about his side because the baby just got up). Any help is appreciated!!!
      Thanks for reading,
      Sharon
    • Donna Roberts
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2007
        Hello Everyone!! I'm also new here and to genealogy. Just joined today also. I've only been researching
        for 3 days now. My cousin has charted my paternal surname, Charette back to
        the mid-1600's. I'm trying to learn more about my mother's side of the
        family, Brochu. She died fairly young so I wasn't able to ask her. I did
        not grow up around my mother's family so I know very little. Both my mother
        and father were French/Canadian. Both were born in Warren, RI. Both
        families were from Quebec, Canada. Do I have any relatives out there??

        Since I'm new here, if you could let me know a little about yourselves, I
        would appreciate it!!

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2007
          Source Citation: Year: 1920;Census Place: Lower MacUngie, Lehigh,
          Pennsylvania; Roll: T625_1590; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 217; Image:
          149.
          Name:Astor D Hinkel
          [Astor D Hiebel]
          Home in 1920:Lower MacUngie, Lehigh, Pennsylvania
          Age:6 years
          Estimated birth year:abt 1914
          Birthplace:Pennsylvania
          Relation to Head of House:Son
          Father's name:Vanna F
          Father's Birth Place:Pennsylvania
          Mother's name:Annie R
          Mother's Birth Place:Pennsylvania

          Household Members:NameAge
          Vanna F Hinkel37
          Annie R Hinkel39
          Beulah M Hinkel16
          Astor D Hinkel6
          Forrest V Hinkel3 3/12
          Arlan A Hinkel1 8/12
          Adna L Smith17
          Harrison P Nohr Uncle76

          Social Security Death Index

          Name:Astor Hinkel
          SSN:197-10-8905
          Last Residence:18046 East Texas, Lehigh, Pennsylvania, United States of
          America
          Born:12 Dec 1913
          Died:Apr 1987
          State (Year) SSN issued:Pennsylvania (Before 1951 )

          Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Lower MacUngie, Lehigh,
          Pennsylvania; Roll: 2065; Page: 6B; Enumeration District: 67; Image: 140.0.

          Name:Astor D Hinkel
          Home in 1930:Lower MacUngie, Lehigh, Pennsylvania
          Age:17
          Estimated birth year:abt 1913
          Relation to Head of House:Son
          Father's name:Venus V
          Mother's name:Annie R

          Household Members:NameAge
          Venus V Hinkel47
          Annie R Hinkel47
          Astor D Hinkel17
          Forest V Hinkel14
          Arlan A Hinkel11
          Isabelle Snyder18
          Benjamin Derr2 8/12
          Lydia Snyder Mother in Law74

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2007
            I did some digging and found some census records and more info for you. Too
            much data to post here, why don't you email me offline and I'll get it to
            you.

            Best,

            Laura Haggarty

            www.pathfindersfarm.com