RE: need help please

  • Laura Haggarty
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
      Here's what I find on ancestry.com under Henderson, in Washington County, VA
      in the 1830 census:

      There is a William Henderson, who has the following listed in his household
      (no names given):

      - two males between five and ten

      - one male between 40 and 50

      - two females under five

      - one female between five and fifteen

      - one female between 50 and 60

      That's from roll #200, page 252.

      Here's what I find in the 1840 census:

      There is a Thomas Henderson, who has the following listed in his household
      (no names given):

      - 2 males under 5

      - 2 males between 10 and 15

      - 1 male 20 to 30

      - 1 male 50 to 60

      - 2 females 10 to 15

      - 1 female 40 to 50

      That's from Roll: #579; Page: 219.

      Seems as if your Catherine could be the daughter of either. Census forms
      don't start listing all the names in a household until later. Sorry I can't
      be of more help that way.

      One Tree results show a Catherine Henderson born in VA on 18 Jun 1827 in
      Virginia (no city or county listed.) Her parents are shown as (potentially)
      Parsons Henderson, and a Nancy (no maiden name.) Parsons' parents are listed
      as William Henderson and Mary Clark. Parson was born in Amherst county, VA.
      There are a couple of other trees which might have info that matches. Do you
      have a spouse name for Catherine? LMK if you do.

      Laura Haggarty

      www.pathfindersfarm.com