need help please

  • dawn_smith82
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2007
      can someone get census reports? I am looking for Henderson in the 1830
      Washington County VA on page 252 and the 1840 on page 219. I am looking
      for a Catherine Henderson born about 1828 in this county. Sorry I don't
      know her parents names. I was hoping that the 1840 census would give me
      this information.
      Thank You
      Dawn Smith
    • Laura Haggarty
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
        Here's what I find on ancestry.com under Henderson, in Washington County, VA
        in the 1830 census:

        There is a William Henderson, who has the following listed in his household
        (no names given):

        - two males between five and ten

        - one male between 40 and 50

        - two females under five

        - one female between five and fifteen

        - one female between 50 and 60

        That's from roll #200, page 252.

        Here's what I find in the 1840 census:

        There is a Thomas Henderson, who has the following listed in his household
        (no names given):

        - 2 males under 5

        - 2 males between 10 and 15

        - 1 male 20 to 30

        - 1 male 50 to 60

        - 2 females 10 to 15

        - 1 female 40 to 50

        That's from Roll: #579; Page: 219.

        Seems as if your Catherine could be the daughter of either. Census forms
        don't start listing all the names in a household until later. Sorry I can't
        be of more help that way.

        One Tree results show a Catherine Henderson born in VA on 18 Jun 1827 in
        Virginia (no city or county listed.) Her parents are shown as (potentially)
        Parsons Henderson, and a Nancy (no maiden name.) Parsons' parents are listed
        as William Henderson and Mary Clark. Parson was born in Amherst county, VA.
        There are a couple of other trees which might have info that matches. Do you
        have a spouse name for Catherine? LMK if you do.

        Laura Haggarty

        www.pathfindersfarm.com