Re: Franklin/Oren Root

  • Tammy
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2007
      Hi Kathy,

      I also have been helping Greg try to find this family.
      I have been able to find many census and already sent them to him.
      I am letting you know this because there is nothing like spending
      hours searching to find out the info has already been found.

      I have yet to find Franklin's parents. Seen a few possibles.

      I have found that Sabitha's maiden name was Meilman/Milman.

      Orens daughter Ora married a John Bengal.

      Orens wife Lura's maiden name was White, Her parents were Frank and
      Mahala.

      Frank Whites parents were Ephraim Godfrey White and Naomi Kemp.Kemp
      is is question.

      I believe Ephraims mother is Susan White. I have no maiden name.

      Ephraims 2nd wife Nancy Jane Robinson.

      These are just some of the Census I have sent Greg:

      Name: Frank J Root
      Census Date: 1885
      Residence County: Audubon
      Residence State: Iowa
      Locality: Hamlin

      Name: Frank J Root
      Census Date: 1895
      Residence County: Audubon
      Residence State: Iowa
      Locality: Audubon

      Source Citation: Year: 1910; Census Place: Wichita Ward 4, Sedgwick,
      Kansas; Roll: T624_456; Page: 9B; Enumeration District: 131; Image:
      969.
      Name: Oren A Rost
      [Oren A Root]
      Age in 1910: 35

      Source Citation: Registration Location: Guthrie County, Iowa; Roll:
      1643090; Draft Board: 0.

      Name: Oren Allen Root
      City: Not Stated
      County: Guthrie
      State: Iowa
      Birth Date: 29 Sep 1874
      Race: White
      Roll: 1643090
      DraftBoard: 0

      Source Citation: Year: 1870; Census Place: Galva, Henry, Illinois;
      Roll: M593_229; Page: 406; Image: 340.

      Name: Casper Root
      Estimated birth year: abt 1869

      Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Exira, Audubon, Iowa;
      Roll: 640; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 6; Image: 383.0.

      Name: Oren Root
      Home in 1930: Exira, Audubon, Iowa
      Age: 53

      Ancestry.com.. Kansas State Census Collection, 1855-1915 [database on-
      line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006. Original
      data:

      Name: Oren Root
      Census Date: 1915
      Residence County: Sedgwick
      Residence State: Kansas

      Name: C A Root
      Census Date: 1915
      Residence County: Audubon
      Residence State: Iowa
      Locality: Melville

      Name: C A Root
      Census Date: 1 Jan 1925
      Residence County: Audubon
      Residence State: Iowa

      Name: C A Root
      Home in 1900: Grove, Adair, Iowa
      Age: 31
      Estimated birth year: abt 1869

      1915, 1910, 1925
      Fran, Arby and Esther

      Name: Arby Root
      Census Date: 1 Jan 1925
      Residence County: Audubon
      Residence State: Iowa
      Locality: Hamlin

      Name: Frank Root
      Census Date: 1915
      Residence County: Audubon
      Residence State: Iowa
      Locality: Audubon

      Name: Frank J Root
      Census Date: 1885
      Residence County: Audubon
      Residence State: Iowa
      Locality: Hamlin

      Name: Frank S Root
      Home in 1930: Audubon, Audubon, Iowa
      Age: 62
      Estimated birth year: abt 1868

      Frank S Root Orens brother
      Name: F S Root
      Census Date: 1905
      Residence County: Audubon
      Residence State: Iowa

      Name: Arby Root
      Age in 1910: 31
      Estimated birth year: abt 1879
      Birthplace: Iowa
      Relation to Head of House: Hired Hand
      Father's Birth Place: New York
      Mother's Birth Place: Illinois
      Home in 1910: Hamlin, Audubon, Iowa

      Name: Ora L Bengard
      Home in 1930: Exira, Audubon, Iowa
      Age: 29
      Estimated birth year: abt 1901
      Relation to Head of House: Wife
      Spouse's name: John G

      Lura White, Orens wife with her parents and siblings.

      Source Information:
      Ancestry.com. Iowa State Census Collection, 1836-1925 [database on-
      line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2007. Original
      data: Microfilm of Iowa State Censuses, 1856, 1885, 1895, 1905, 1915,
      1925 as well various special censuses from 1836-1897 obtained from
      the State Historical Society of Iowa via Heritage Quest.

      Name: Lura White
      Census Date: 1885
      Residence County: Audubon
      Residence State: Iowa
      Locality: Hamlin

      Lura White with parents

      Source Citation: Year: 1880; Census Place: Dahlonega, Wapello, Iowa;
      Roll: T9_367; Family History Film: 1254367; Page: 70.1000;
      Enumeration District: 60; Image: 0551.

      Name: Frank White
      Home in 1880: Dahlonega, Wapello, Iowa
      Age: 27

      believe this to be Frank White, Lura fathers Parents and siblings.

      The census is the same place(Wapella Iowa) as the 1880 census I just
      sent.

      Source Citation: Year: 1860; Census Place: Agency, Wapello, Iowa;
      Roll: M653_343; Page: 105; Image: 286.

      Name: Frank White
      Age in 1860: 7
      Birth Year: abt 1853
      Birthplace: Pennsylvania
      Home in 1860: Agency, Wapello, Iowa

      Source Citation: Year: 1850; Census Place: Addison, Somerset,
      Pennsylvania; Roll: M432_828; Page: 188; Image: 370.

      Name: Ephraim White
      Age: 27

      Name: Ephraim White
      Census Date: 1856
      Residence County: Wapello
      Residence State: Iowa

      Name: E G White
      Census Date: 1885
      Residence County: Audubon
      Residence State: Iowa

      On the 1860 census it shows Milton and Byron with Ephraim and Naomi.
      Now on this 1870 census that is attached we have E G (Ephraim) and
      Nancy J with Milton and Byron.

      There are 2 parts to this census.

      Source Citation: Year: 1870; Census Place: Dahlonega, Wapello, Iowa;
      Roll: M593_422; Page: 115; Image: 230.

      Name: Milton White
      Estimated birth year: abt 1857
      Age in 1870: 13

      I think this Winefred M is Winefred Mahala, Frank A White's wife.

      Frank A is son of Ephraim and Naomi.

      Source Citation: Year: 1900; Census Place: Melville, Audubon, Iowa;
      Roll: T623 416; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 30.

      Name: Frank A White
      Home in 1900: Melville, Audubon, Iowa
      Age: 48
      Estimated birth year: abt 1852