Re: [Genealogy Research Club] James Family

  • jonczar@copper.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 13, 2007
      I checked the website www.Findagrave.com and did a search on the county and city for the names.
      Result: Found Abraham James and Mary James both without dates. Now that we know where they are buried for sure, go to the website and leave a note for relatives to contact you. There are also volunteers who will go out and take pictures of stones etc. All this is free and may give clue to date of birth and death.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 13, 2007
        Is this your Abram James? Do u know any of his childrens names?

        1900 United States Federal Census
        about Abram James
        Name: Abram James
        Home in 1900: Fairview, Independence, Arkansas
        Age: 56
        Estimated birth year: abt 1844
        Birthplace: Alabama
        Relationship to head-of-house: Head
        Spouse's name: Mary
        Race: White
        Occupation: View image
        Neighbors: View others on page
        Household Members: Name Age
        Abram James 56
        Mary James 40
        Ada James 19
        Joseph James 18
        Lela James 15
        Lula James 14
        Lerood James 10
        Nalia James 7
        Emma James 5

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ruby" <ruby55413@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello
        > I was wondering if there is anyone in the Arkansas area on this
        > website who could help me with my brick wall. I am looking for any
        > information on Abram James and Mary James his wife. Abram born about
        > 1856 in possibly Waterloo Alabama. I do not know when he died, except
        > he is buried in a cemetery in Pleasant Plains Arkansas. Mary is also
        > buried there. Can anyone help me
        > Thank You
        > Ruby

      • ruby scales
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 13, 2007
          Hi Kim
          Yes this is my gr grandfather and his wife. I have been looking for his father but to no avail. I suspect his father is John James in Georgia but I am just not positive. this is why I have a brick wall here, Thank You so much for your work, I do so appreciate it, and also everyone else who has helped me. I live so far away from these places it makes it difficult.
          Ruby

          wrote:

          > Hello
          > I was wondering if there is anyone in the Arkansas area on this
          > website who could help me with my brick wall. I am looking for any
          > information on Abram James and Mary James his wife. Abram born about
          > 1856 in possibly Waterloo Alabama. I do not know when he died, except
          > he is buried in a cemetery in Pleasant Plains Arkansas. Mary is also
          > buried there. Can anyone help me
          > Thank You
          > Ruby

          Ruby