Re:Intro--Newbie

  • Catherine Lamb
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2007
      Thanks for group for answering my questions...still
      interested in nicknames if you know more.

      Also - Debbie - welcome. I am new too - this group is
      very helpful! I will email you my ideas of how to get
      started.

      Catherine

      http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658
    • Connie Mazerov
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 10, 2007
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Catherine Lamb
        <ewema99@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for group for answering my questions...still
        > interested in nicknames if you know more.
        >
        > Also - Debbie - welcome. I am new too - this group is
        > very helpful! I will email you my ideas of how to get
        > started.
        >
        > Catherine

        Catherine,
        Try this website at the Connecticut State Library which has some
        nicknames from the 1800 and 1900's

        www.cslib.org/nickname

        Connie
      • Peakcat@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 10, 2007
          Debbie:

          In regard to finding the information you are looking for on your family,
          have you also tried talking to any living relatives, aunts, uncles, cousins, who
          might have knowledge of your father's side of the family or even pictures
          that have a story that goes with them?

          Good luck and happy hunting.

          Ina Getzoff
          _Peakcat@..._ (mailto:Peakcat@...)