Re:Name confusion

  • Kathy P
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2007
      Here is a list of common nicknames

      http://www.tngenweb.org/franklin/frannick.htm

      Kathy
      Genealogists never die, they just lose their census.

    • mg
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 9, 2007
        I am guessing that perhaps Dibby was a variant of Darby, which someone explained to me was D'Arby originally I think....lots of
        Darbys in Dingle area..French influence I presume..lots of Maurice to. I think Margaret means pearl in Latin?? and Peggy means pearl in Gaelic, or something like Peggy. mg