[Genealogy Research Club] Re: A Genealogy WV Brick Wall

  • Patti
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2007
      Jon,
      Thanks for the info.
      Patti
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "" <jonczar@...> wrote:

      > Sorry Patti
      > I didn't mean for you to travel to WVA. I meant to do all that on
      the Findagrave.com website. WVA and Ky were connected at one time so
      search the site under KY also for their names and any cemeterey
      names you have. You are not wasting time on the list. That is what
      it is for, helping each other.
      > Jon
      > ------------

      Mary
      > Mable Williams Murphy, b. abt. 1857 in WV, d. Aft. 14 Sep 1889
      in ?
      > I'm sorry, if you feel or think I'm wasting other member's
      > time...Again thank you for your time...Patti R in Oklahoma
      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "" <jonczar@> wrote:
      > >
      > > A brick wall can be removed. Sometimes a brick at a time. Use
      what
      > info you have; go to www.findagrave.com and do a surname or
      cemetery
      > search. For goodness sake put up a note at the cemetery that you
      > want to contact relatives and want photos of the person and/or
      > tombstones. Relatives love new contacts and camera bugs love
      picture
      > taking, some go great distances to do this. A closet full of old
      > pictures do no one any good and to be able to show them off is
      great
      > for the ego. Try this. Can't hurt and you might get results.
      > > Another new source is www.worldvitalrecords.com. Although new
      they
      > have some otherwise overlooked records.
      > > Jon

      Gallia,
      > > OH.
      > > Children of Clevy & Mary: Jerome D, Lula C, Mabel M, Orville,
      > > Clayton C, Granville H, William E, Earl E, Arville J.
      > > Mary Ann's parents: Ed &/or Edward Murphy, b. Jul 1854,
      Kentucky,
      > d.
      > > Bef. the 1920 Federal Census, WV.
      > > Mable &/or Mary Williams, b. Abt. 1857, WV d. Aft. 14 Sep 1889,
      WV.
      > > Married Abt. 1879.
      > > Children of Ed & Mable: Lydia Belle 1880, J W or John W 1883,
      > Maudie
      > > 1885, and Mary Ann, 1889.
      > > Ed's second marriage was abt. 1890. This marriage produced;
      > Garland
      > > Mack,Sep 1891; Rosa,Jun 1893; and Thomas,Sep 1895.
      > > Ed's third marrage to Mrs. Lizzie Davis abt. 1899 produced three
      > > daughters, Forest/Fonest,b.1900; Sabra,b.1904; Elsia,b.1906.
      > > Lizzie's children with first husband, Warren Davis,b.1891 and
      Elva
      > > Davis,b.Oct 1894.
      > > Any & all help greatly appreciated.

    • TrudyNC
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 12, 2007
        South west Pennsylvania used to be part of West Virginia, so if your family is from north western West Virginia, you might want to consult some Pennyslvania records as well.

        Trudy