Re:Name variation searches

  • Dianne Planeta
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2007
      Always look for varient spellings. Not all enumerators
      were that literate. I have found my KRONK name listed
      as KRUNK ,CRUNK, CRONK. My father in 1910 had an "E"
      in place of an "A" in his name. If you are having
      trouble finding a name if possible use soundex.
      Also, take into account that names were changed to
      assimilate into the country, ei. Mastrangelo became
      Masters or Mechling became Macklin and in the case of
      the above Kronk name is from Kranecht.

      http://tv.yahoo.com/