Re: A Genealogy WV Brick Wall

  • Patti
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
      Thanks for the info...I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear, I'm new at
      this group thing. I don't live in WV...I'm still searching for Mary
      Mable Williams Murphy, b. abt. 1857 in WV, d. Aft. 14 Sep 1889 in ?
      I'm sorry, if you feel or think I'm wasting other member's
      time...Again thank you for your time...Patti R in Oklahoma
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "" <jonczar@...> wrote:

      > A brick wall can be removed. Sometimes a brick at a time. Use what
      info you have; go to www.findagrave.com and do a surname or cemetery
      search. For goodness sake put up a note at the cemetery that you
      want to contact relatives and want photos of the person and/or
      tombstones. Relatives love new contacts and camera bugs love picture
      taking, some go great distances to do this. A closet full of old
      pictures do no one any good and to be able to show them off is great
      for the ego. Try this. Can't hurt and you might get results.
      > Another new source is www.worldvitalrecords.com. Although new they
      have some otherwise overlooked records.
      > Jon

      Maudie
      > 1885, and Mary Ann, 1889.
      > Ed's second marriage was abt. 1890. This marriage produced;
      Garland

    • jonczar@copper.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
        Sorry Patti
        I didn't mean for you to travel to WVA. I meant to do all that on the Findagrave.com website. WVA and Ky were connected at one time so search the site under KY also for their names and any cemeterey names you have. You are not wasting time on the list. That is what it is for, helping each other.
        Jon
        ------------

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 9, 2007
          Jon,
          Thanks for the info.
          Patti
          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "" <jonczar@...> wrote:

          > Sorry Patti
          > I didn't mean for you to travel to WVA. I meant to do all that on
          the Findagrave.com website. WVA and Ky were connected at one time so
          search the site under KY also for their names and any cemeterey
          names you have. You are not wasting time on the list. That is what
          it is for, helping each other.
          > Jon

        • TrudyNC
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 12, 2007
            South west Pennsylvania used to be part of West Virginia, so if your family is from north western West Virginia, you might want to consult some Pennyslvania records as well.

            Trudy