Re: [Genealogy Research Club] A Genealogy WV Brick Wall

  • jonczar@copper.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
      A brick wall can be removed. Sometimes a brick at a time. Use what info you have; go to www.findagrave.com and do a surname or cemetery search. For goodness sake put up a note at the cemetery that you want to contact relatives and want photos of the person and/or tombstones. Relatives love new contacts and camera bugs love picture taking, some go great distances to do this. A closet full of old pictures do no one any good and to be able to show them off is great for the ego. Try this. Can't hurt and you might get results.
      Another new source is www.worldvitalrecords.com. Although new they have some otherwise overlooked records.
      Jon

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
        Thanks for the info...I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear, I'm new at
        this group thing. I don't live in WV...I'm still searching for Mary
        Mable Williams Murphy, b. abt. 1857 in WV, d. Aft. 14 Sep 1889 in ?
        I'm sorry, if you feel or think I'm wasting other member's
        time...Again thank you for your time...Patti R in Oklahoma

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
          Sorry Patti
          I didn't mean for you to travel to WVA. I meant to do all that on the Findagrave.com website. WVA and Ky were connected at one time so search the site under KY also for their names and any cemeterey names you have. You are not wasting time on the list. That is what it is for, helping each other.
          Jon
          ------------

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 9, 2007
            Jon,
            Thanks for the info.
            Patti
            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "" <jonczar@...> wrote:

            > Sorry Patti
            > I didn't mean for you to travel to WVA. I meant to do all that on
            the Findagrave.com website. WVA and Ky were connected at one time so
            search the site under KY also for their names and any cemeterey
            names you have. You are not wasting time on the list. That is what
            it is for, helping each other.
            > Jon

          • TrudyNC
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 12, 2007
              South west Pennsylvania used to be part of West Virginia, so if your family is from north western West Virginia, you might want to consult some Pennyslvania records as well.

              Trudy