David R. Shelton

  • Carol Dimer
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2007
      I am looking for burial information for this ancestor.

      David R. Shelton was born in VA Dec 23, 1792. He moved to and lived in
      Illinois most of his adult life. He traveled to Hazel Green WI on
      business and while there, became seriously ill. His son rode horseback
      to bring him home but David died before his son arrived. He died on
      March 16, 1847 and was buried in Hazel Green.

      I would like to find his grave and perhaps get a photo.

      Carol in Orland Park IL
    • David Simpson
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29, 2007
        There is only one cemetery listed for Hazel Green, WI, and that is the
        Leslie Cemetery. There are no interments listed for the cemetery on
        Findagrave.com. Hazel Green is on the WI-IL border approximately 12 miles
        east of Dubuque, IA.

        David

      • jonczar@copper.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
          Carol
          Go to www.findagrave.com and post what you have on himat this cemetery and put in a photo request. Perhaps one of their volunteers will get you the photo you want. You might find a relative that way too.
          Jon

          There is only one cemetery listed for Hazel Green, WI, and that is the
          Leslie Cemetery. There are no interments listed for the cemetery on
          Findagrave.com. Hazel Green is on the WI-IL border approximately 12 miles
          east of Dubuque, IA.

          David

          On 9/29/07, Carol Dimer <thedimers@...> wrote:

          > I am looking for burial information for this ancestor.
          >
          > David R. Shelton was born in VA Dec 23, 1792. He moved to and lived in
          > Illinois most of his adult life. He traveled to Hazel Green WI on
          > business and while there, became seriously ill. His son rode horseback
          > to bring him home but David died before his son arrived. He died on
          > March 16, 1847 and was buried in Hazel Green.
          >
          > I would like to find his grave and perhaps get a photo.
          >
          > Carol in Orland Park IL

        • babymacaw2000
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
            Found this on find a grave

            http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?
            page=gr&GSln=shelton&GSfn=david&GSbyrel=all&GSdy=1847&GSdyrel=all&GSo
            b=n&GRid=7838563&