Family Tree Maker

  • sstokesbary
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 14, 2007
      I have Family Tree Maker, version 16 and I "think" I'm suppose to be
      able to incorporate the pictures with the genealogy. I know how to get
      the pictures into the scrapbook, but when I print off the genealogy
      report, there are no pictures. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing
      wrong, or how to correct this? Thanks so much!
      Sharon
    • Clark & Rita Pederson
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 14, 2007
        Sharon:

        With your family group sheet report showing on the screen, click on the top
        menu: Contents, then Items to include in Family Group sheet, select
        Standard page options from the left list of available items, then hit the >
        arrow. With standard page highlighted on the right side, select the
        options button and make sure there is a checkmark in the pictures/object
        box. When it opens select By category, then Any. Then if you have a
        picture in the Marriage Photo Album (even if it is a family picture instead
        of a wedding picture) it will show on the top of your family group sheet
        and the individual preferred photo will appear next to each individual name
        where you have a photo saved in their scrapbook. Enjoy your pictures on
        your reports!

        Clark

        Oregon

        _____

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 15, 2007
          I have used FTM since it was a "share ware" product. I
          have tried various other programs and did not care for
          them. The upgrades fit seamlessly over the older versions.

        • sstokesbary
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 16, 2007
            Hi -- I have Family Tree Maker, version 16, and was wondering if anyone
            could help me. I know how to put pictures in the scrapbooks, but was
            told that I should also be able to put them in with the program. When
            I print off the report, there are no pictures. Can anyone tell me what
            I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
            Sharon
          • Sharon
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 17, 2007
              Thank you, thank you. I'm going to print off your instructions and work on them as soon as I can. I am so excited!! What a thrill this will be. Thank you again.

              Message 6 of 13 , May 21, 2009
                If you use Family Tree Maker would you please answer a couple of question for me? Can you make more than one Family Tree on the same program?

                I want to start a tree of my husband's family separate from my family. I had some problems with my application a while back and thought I had lost all of my data, so I am fearful of doing anything very adventurous.

                Thanks to anyone that answers.
              • Clark
                Message 7 of 13 , May 22, 2009
                  Helen: Yes you can have more than one family tree with your Family Tree
                  Maker program. Give it a different name. The exact process varies by which
                  version you have. When you go to open FTM it will usually open with the
                  last tree you had open. Go to file on your menu bar to change to the other
                  tree. If your current tree has both lines in it, before you start deleting
                  one line be sure to save a back up copy of the whole tree under another name
                  and then reopen the old one before you do any deleting. You don't want to
                  have a mistake and lose your data! Good Luck.

                  Clark

                  _____

                  If you use Family Tree Maker would you please answer a couple of question
                  for me? Can you make more than one Family Tree on the same program?

                  Thanks to anyone that answers.

                • Kat kief1255
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 22, 2009
                    In answer to your question, yes you can make several family trees using the same program. Just name them differently. You can also import certain individuals that you may have the pertains to your new family tree from an existing file using the merge/append feature.

                    To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
                    From: has_hotflashes2003@...
                    Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 03:11:56 +0000

                    If you use Family Tree Maker would you please answer a couple of question for me? Can you make more than one Family Tree on the same program?

                    I want to start a tree of my husband's family separate from my family. I had some problems with my application a while back and thought I had lost all of my data, so I am fearful of doing anything very adventurous.

                    Thanks to anyone that answers.

                  • Forrest Plumstead
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 22, 2009
                      On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Clark <pedj@...> wrote:

                      > Helen: Yes you can have more than one family tree with your Family Tree
                      > Maker program. Give it a different name. The exact process varies by which
                      > version you have. When you go to open FTM it will usually open with the
                      > last tree you had open. Go to file on your menu bar to change to the other
                      > tree. If your current tree has both lines in it, before you start deleting
                      > one line be sure to save a back up copy of the whole tree under another
                      > name
                      > and then reopen the old one before you do any deleting. You don't want to
                      > have a mistake and lose your data! Good Luck.
                      >
                      > Clark
                      >
                      > _____

                      In the 2009 version it opens up to a tab called Current Tree. To the left is
                      a tab called New Tree. Click on that one and start a new file.

                      --
                      Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
                      PLUMSTEAD-L List master

                    • Carolynn Brehmer
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 22, 2009
                        Which version are you using? 2006, 2008 or 2009? I like 2006 the best.

                        If you use Family Tree Maker would you please answer a couple of question for me? Can you make more than one Family Tree on the same program?

                        I want to start a tree of my husband's family separate from my family. I had some problems with my application a while back and thought I had lost all of my data, so I am fearful of doing anything very adventurous.

                        Thanks to anyone that answers.

                      • littledi1030
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 22, 2009
                          You aure can! Just go up to "File" and open a new tree. I have four different ones going. One is just for info that I do not yet have sources yet to prove a fact. Once I get the info I delete the individual and put the info in the real tree.

                        • jamesr23@juno.com
                          Message 12 of 13 , May 22, 2009
                            You do not say what version that you use but if it is 2005 go to file after you open it to the current program in use. at file is adrop down box, click close. go back to file and click new. a new tree area will open up and then you can fill in the information you want. you can accesss either tree by oepning or closing in the same manner. If you use 2009 it open a little differently. I just bought it and I love it but don't know it as well as I do 2005.
                            Ann

                            Compete with the big boys. Click here to find products to benefit your business.
                            http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTI97yzun9nOjVxTMM9TNxN8tQQqUn5YwrLwUttiwX78S21YWLxD6A/
                          • Jean
                            Message 13 of 13 , May 22, 2009
                              If you have the FTM 2009, click on "PLAN" then just click on the "New Tree" tab below and just start filling in the blanks with what you know. We (my husband and I) have about 12 different trees currently going in FTM, along with a single tree that contains everything to date.
                              I've separated the lines from our grandparents so that if we do get a connection, all we have to do is send the information specific to that line, rather than going to my "everything in one" tree as they usually do not want the extra branches that we have in there. Only what pertains to that particular line. <shrug> We've sent the entire tree to a few people who have requested it and they e-mail me back requesting that we only send the information on the 1 particular line so we figured that it would be easier to break them down at Grandparents level then just add the branch that ends with us, with a note attached saying that if they want/need the branches attached from us to our grandparents, then just need to ask, as most of our parents and their siblings, nieces and nephews are alive.

                              Jean

                              PS: Hope this helps and isn't too much rambling.