Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Need help in research

  • Kate
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 12, 2007
      Hi-
      If you post some of your brick walls, maybe we can help. :)
      Kate

      sstokesbary <jkstokes@...> wrote: Hi - I just joined this group and hope that someone can help me with
      the following surnames: Bachman, Jurgemeyer, Stokesbary & Koerner. I
      have come to a dead end it seems like in all names and hoping to find
      new contacts in this group to do research with. I'll be happy to share
      information with anyone willing to share with me.

    • Sharon
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 12, 2007
        Hi -- On the Bachman side I am back as far s George Michael Bachman who ws born Mar. 2, 1832 in Baden, Germany. He died Oct. 17, 1884 in Goodell, Iowa. He married Gertrude Marie Schmitt on Aug. 2, 1859 in Baden, Germany. Her birthday is Feb. 11, 1838 in Baden, Germany. She died April 27, 1907 in Goodell, Iowa. They are the parents of:
        Martin George born Oct. 9, 1861
        Henry born Dec. 15, 1862
        Jacob David born July 23, 1865
        Fred William born Dec. 3, 1871
        John Michael born Jan. 17, 1877
        Martha born Aug. 20, 1881
        William born Feb. 11, 1867
        Mary Elizabethborn April 23, 1918

        I can't seem to find out who George Michael parents are or Getrude Schmitt's parents. Also, could use information on all the kids. If anyone can help me, I'd be thrilled to death!!

        Sharon

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 12, 2007
          Hi --On the Stokesbarys, the name can be spelled Stokesbary, Stokesbury, or Stokesberry. I know that Joshua Stokesberry married Elizabeth Sennit, but have no daes on them. Their children were
          Jacob born Sept. 2, 1816
          John born 1821
          Letitia born 1826
          Mary born Jan 28, 1827
          Elizabeth born 1833
          Joshua born 1834
          All were born in Ohio

          Sharon

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 12, 2007
            Hi -- On the Jurgemeyers I haave William Henry born May 4, 1880 and died Nov. 25, 1955. He married Anna Rose Sandersfeld Dec. 18, 1912. She ws born Mar. 23, 1890 and died Nov. 11, 1949. There children were:
            Alfred William born Nov. 10, 1913
            Ruth Anna born Dec. 4, 1918
            Louis John born April 13, 1921
            Everett William born March 5, 1926

            Sharon

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 12, 2007
              Hi -- for the Koerners I have Albert Gustav Koerner born Aug. 4, 1881 in Winona, Mn. Died May 3, 1967. He married Lillie Mathilda Lau. She was born May 29, 1883 and died July 9, 1964. Their children were
              Delores Leona born July 21, 1905
              Gerald Leon born June 8, 1907
              Valeria Vaarna born Sept. 6, 1913
              Kermit Kenneth born Jan. 27, 1910
              Nova Theo born July 7, 1915

              Sharon

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 13, 2007
                good morning Sharon-

                Here is a tree I found on Rootsweb:
                http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=tmiddleton1&id=I1343

                I'm going to go dig around on Ancestry.com and see what I can find.
                Kate

                Sharon <jkstokes@...> wrote: Hi -- On the Bachman side I am back as far s George Michael Bachman who ws born Mar. 2, 1832 in Baden, Germany. He died Oct. 17, 1884 in Goodell, Iowa. He married Gertrude Marie Schmitt on Aug. 2, 1859 in Baden, Germany. Her birthday is Feb. 11, 1838 in Baden, Germany. She died April 27, 1907 in Goodell, Iowa. They are the parents of:

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 13, 2007
                  Thanks, Kate, this is a LOT of help!!
                  Sharon