Re: [Genealogy Research Club] New here looking for information need help

  • Kate
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 10, 2007
      Hi-
      Where do you think the sibling was born and when? Where did your father died? Do you have an obituary for him, and do you know the name of the sibling?

      Kate

      roseblooms4 <roseblooms4@...> wrote: Hello I'm new to the group I'm 43 and I'm looking for information on
      the last name McMurray, My father's name was Harry J. McMurray. I'm
      looking for a sibling that my father had out of wedlock. My father was
      born 6/27/1923 and died 12/9/1991. If you can offer any help it would
      be great.

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 10, 2007
        Do you know what area of the country this happened? There is at least one Mc
        Murray family in my area.
        Shirley

      • Michelle Uden

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 11, 2007
            My father live in Grand Rapids, Michigan up till he passed away, I believe he was born and live in Indiana as a child.

            NANA22845@... wrote: Do you know what area of the country this happened? There is at least one Mc
            Murray family in my area.
            Shirley

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Margie
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 7, 2007
              Hi John,

              Did you try the WMGS.org website?? I found a Harry McMurray obit in
              the Grand Rapids Press and a couple of listings in the marriage
              license index for the years 1913-15 and 1924-26. There was a lot of
              McMurray's listed in the newspaper index. Take a look and see if any
              of them fit your family.

              Margie

              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, John Rose