Re: [Genealogy Research Club] New here looking for information need help

  • Kate
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 10, 2007
      Hi-
      Where do you think the sibling was born and when? Where did your father died? Do you have an obituary for him, and do you know the name of the sibling?

      Kate

      roseblooms4 <roseblooms4@...> wrote: Hello I'm new to the group I'm 43 and I'm looking for information on
      the last name McMurray, My father's name was Harry J. McMurray. I'm
      looking for a sibling that my father had out of wedlock. My father was
      born 6/27/1923 and died 12/9/1991. If you can offer any help it would
      be great.

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 10, 2007
        Do you know what area of the country this happened? There is at least one Mc
        Murray family in my area.
        Shirley

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 10, 2007
          Do you know where he was born and resided?

        • kim_donley
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 11, 2007
            If u can give us some more info it would help.
            For instance:
            Who was your fathers, mother and father (maiden name of mother)
            Where and when were all 3 of them born? When do believe the sibling
            was born? Do u know any other info? Unless the sibling were born
            before 1930 it would be hard to trace. Unless they were from KY or
            another state that has birth info available. Do u have any idea of
            the birth mothers first or last names? If u give some of the above
            info we can at least find Census etc.....Or possibly someone on the
            list lives in the birth area and could seek out info for u at a local
            health Department......................KIM

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "roseblooms4"
            <roseblooms4@...> wrote:

            > Hello I'm new to the group I'm 43 and I'm looking for information on
            > the last name McMurray, My father's name was Harry J. McMurray. I'm
            > looking for a sibling that my father had out of wedlock. My father
            was
            > born 6/27/1923 and died 12/9/1991. If you can offer any help it
            would
            > be great.

          • Michelle Uden

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 11, 2007
                My father live in Grand Rapids, Michigan up till he passed away, I believe he was born and live in Indiana as a child.

                NANA22845@... wrote: Do you know what area of the country this happened? There is at least one Mc
                Murray family in my area.
                Shirley

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Margie
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 7, 2007
                  Hi John,

                  Did you try the WMGS.org website?? I found a Harry McMurray obit in
                  the Grand Rapids Press and a couple of listings in the marriage
                  license index for the years 1913-15 and 1924-26. There was a lot of
                  McMurray's listed in the newspaper index. Take a look and see if any
                  of them fit your family.

                  Margie

                  --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, John Rose