New here looking for information need help

  • roseblooms4
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 10, 2007
      Hello I'm new to the group I'm 43 and I'm looking for information on
      the last name McMurray, My father's name was Harry J. McMurray. I'm
      looking for a sibling that my father had out of wedlock. My father was
      born 6/27/1923 and died 12/9/1991. If you can offer any help it would
      be great.
    • Kate
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 10, 2007
        Hi-
        Where do you think the sibling was born and when? Where did your father died? Do you have an obituary for him, and do you know the name of the sibling?

        Kate

        roseblooms4 <roseblooms4@...> wrote: Hello I'm new to the group I'm 43 and I'm looking for information on

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 10, 2007
          Do you know what area of the country this happened? There is at least one Mc
          Murray family in my area.
          Shirley

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 10, 2007
            Do you know where he was born and resided?

          • kim_donley
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 11, 2007
              If u can give us some more info it would help.
              For instance:
              Who was your fathers, mother and father (maiden name of mother)
              Where and when were all 3 of them born? When do believe the sibling
              was born? Do u know any other info? Unless the sibling were born
              before 1930 it would be hard to trace. Unless they were from KY or
              another state that has birth info available. Do u have any idea of
              the birth mothers first or last names? If u give some of the above
              info we can at least find Census etc.....Or possibly someone on the
              list lives in the birth area and could seek out info for u at a local
              health Department......................KIM

              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "roseblooms4"
              <roseblooms4@...> wrote:

              > Hello I'm new to the group I'm 43 and I'm looking for information on
              > the last name McMurray, My father's name was Harry J. McMurray. I'm
              > looking for a sibling that my father had out of wedlock. My father
              was
              > born 6/27/1923 and died 12/9/1991. If you can offer any help it
              would
              > be great.

            • Michelle Uden

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 11, 2007
                  My father live in Grand Rapids, Michigan up till he passed away, I believe he was born and live in Indiana as a child.

                  NANA22845@... wrote: Do you know what area of the country this happened? There is at least one Mc
                  Murray family in my area.
                  Shirley

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Margie
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 7, 2007
                    Hi John,

                    Did you try the WMGS.org website?? I found a Harry McMurray obit in
                    the Grand Rapids Press and a couple of listings in the marriage
                    license index for the years 1913-15 and 1924-26. There was a lot of
                    McMurray's listed in the newspaper index. Take a look and see if any
                    of them fit your family.

                    Margie

                    --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, John Rose