Malvira Owens-Calhoun

  • barbara erickson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20 6:31 PM
      Hi all, I am having a bit of a problem finding my gggrandmother. With a name like Malvira you would think that it would be easy to find her. She was born about 1852-53 in Kentucky. I can't find her in 1860 or 1870. She marries Philip Ephriam Calhoun and is found in 1880 with her family. They both died before the 1930 census.

      any information would be helpful, thanks, barb

    • jbaconsr
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 21 5:02 PM
        Here is a possibility in 1870 Kentucky.
        1870 KY Casey Co. Tates Precinct.
        194-192
        James Owens age 63 born VA
        Allice age 65 born VA
        196-194
        Jourdan Owens age 48 born TN
        Hannah age 43 born KY
        Malvina age 16 female born KY
        Martha age 14 born KY
        Emly age 9 born KY
        James F. age 5 born KY.

        In 1880 Malvira's parents are listed as being born in TN. It could
        be a mistake in either census ,or this might be the wrong family.I
        could not fing Jordan or Hannah in the 1860 census, although they
        should have been there.
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, barbara erickson
        <berickson49@...> wrote:

        > Hi all, I am having a bit of a problem finding my gggrandmother.
        With a name like Malvira you would think that it would be easy to
        find her. She was born about 1852-53 in Kentucky. I can't find her
        in 1860 or 1870. She marries Philip Ephriam Calhoun and is found in
        1880 with her family. They both died before the 1930 census.

        > any information would be helpful, thanks, barb

      • kim_donley
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 21 9:11 PM
          I found her in 1870 in Somerset Pulaski Co. KY her name on the
          census is Alvira Owens. Her parents are William N 47 and Tarra or
          Tammara? 46 Owens and she has 7 siblings plus it looks like her
          grandfather is also William Owens 78 born in VA. I can send it to u
          if u like email me at kim_donley@...
          Also found her in 1860 as Elvira Owens and look at her mothers name
          WOW....
          1860 United States Federal Census
          about Elvira Owens
          Name: Elvira Owens
          Age in 1860: 9
          Birth Year: abt 1851
          Birthplace: Kentucky
          Home in 1860: District 1, Pulaski, Kentucky
          Gender: Female
          Post Office: Somerset
          Value of real estate: View image
          Household Members: Name Age