Re: My Surnames

  • genealogyist
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
      Which surnames came from Germany because in my family tree several
      came from Germany and we may be related.
      EA

      --- Lisa <taylorvences@...> wrote:

      > Chris:I have my Taylor family in Smyth Co., VA moved to Stillwater,
      > Wolfe Co., KY. Also I have Clements in VA moved to Breathitt Co.,
      KY name changed to Clemens/Clemmons.

      > The Taylor family is direct ancestor. Clements/Clemens/Clemmons
      > married into my family. I am in contact with some Clemmons
      > descendants in KY that I can connect you to.
      >
      > Lisa Taylor-Vences in St Louis
      >
      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Chris sparks
      > <cynthia_sparks2002@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > SURNAMES:
      > > SPARKS,CHILDERS,
      > COGAR,KELLY,TAYLOR,ANDERSON,GILLIS,O'DELL,BOGGS,COLEMAN,
      > > ARBOGAST,OXIER,MORRIS,ROBINSON,MOORE,HAMILTON,SAMPLES,
      > > COOL,FISHER,KINGERY,NEWMAN,RIPPETOE,SIMS,MIDKIFF,MCMURDY,
      > > CLEMENTS/CLEMENS,HUNDLEY,ELLIS,WALTERS,
      > >
      > > TIMELINE: 1700-1900
      > >
      > > AREA::ENGLAND,IRELAND,HOLLAND,FRANCE,ITALY,GERMANY,
      > > MD,PA,VA,KY,OHIO,WVa,NJ,
    • Chris sparks
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
        Cogar and Arbogast far as I know.

      • mg
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 4, 2007
          Could it be a Native American name? mg

          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 5, 2007
            The surname GEORGE could also be anglesized from
            Georgeopolis a Greek name. I work with someone by that
            name; his family originated on the East Coast.