Re: [Genealogy Research Club] My Surnames-Clements/

  • Chris sparks
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
      Please feel free to contact me anytime through the group or my e-mail cynthia_sparks2002@....
      The Clements are the ones I have found nothing on. This is my brickwall.
      Thank you.

    • genealogyist
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
        Which surnames came from Germany because in my family tree several
        came from Germany and we may be related.
        EA

        --- Lisa <taylorvences@...> wrote:

        > Chris:I have my Taylor family in Smyth Co., VA moved to Stillwater,
        > Wolfe Co., KY. Also I have Clements in VA moved to Breathitt Co.,
        KY name changed to Clemens/Clemmons.

        > The Taylor family is direct ancestor. Clements/Clemens/Clemmons
        > married into my family. I am in contact with some Clemmons
        > descendants in KY that I can connect you to.
        >
        > Lisa Taylor-Vences in St Louis
        >
        > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Chris sparks
        > <cynthia_sparks2002@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > SURNAMES:
        > > SPARKS,CHILDERS,
        > COGAR,KELLY,TAYLOR,ANDERSON,GILLIS,O'DELL,BOGGS,COLEMAN,
        > > ARBOGAST,OXIER,MORRIS,ROBINSON,MOORE,HAMILTON,SAMPLES,
        > > COOL,FISHER,KINGERY,NEWMAN,RIPPETOE,SIMS,MIDKIFF,MCMURDY,
        > > CLEMENTS/CLEMENS,HUNDLEY,ELLIS,WALTERS,
        > >
        > > TIMELINE: 1700-1900
        > >
        > > AREA::ENGLAND,IRELAND,HOLLAND,FRANCE,ITALY,GERMANY,
        > > MD,PA,VA,KY,OHIO,WVa,NJ,
      • Chris sparks
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
          Cogar and Arbogast far as I know.

        • mg
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 4, 2007
            Could it be a Native American name? mg

            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 5, 2007
              The surname GEORGE could also be anglesized from
              Georgeopolis a Greek name. I work with someone by that
              name; his family originated on the East Coast.