Any Smock researchers

  • Shirley Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2007
      My brick wall is John Smock born 16 May 1797 in New Jersey, married
      Margaret Ann ??. He died 11 Feb 1876 and is buried in the Cunningham
      Cemetery in Wolf Creek, Meade Co. KY. His wife Margaret was born in
      Pennsylvania in 1798 and died 3 June 1889. She is believed to be
      buried in the Betsy Daily Cemetery in Battletown, KY. They have a son
      Joseph T. born in Virginia about 1825, a daughter Elizabeth Ann born
      in Indiana, 26 July 1835. There is another girl Leah Smock, don't know
      if it is their daughter or his niece. She was born Jan 1818 and died
      under mysterious circumstances on 21 Aug 1840. and is buried in the
      Betsy Daily Cemetery in Battletown KY.
      Does anyone know who John's parents were? What Margaret's maiden
      name was? Who Leah is? Local legend has Leah as a witch and being
      locked in the smokehouse while John and Margaret were gone and the
      smokehouse being set on fire.
      Elizabeth is my GGgrandmother. Thanks for any clues.