Re: [Genealogy Research Club] My Surnames

  • Lisa
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
      Chris:I have my Taylor family in Smyth Co., VA moved to Stillwater,
      Wolfe Co., KY. Also I have Clements in VA moved to Breathitt Co., KY
      (name changed to Clemens/Clemmons.

      The Taylor family is direct ancestor. Clements/Clemens/Clemmons
      married into my family. I am in contact with some Clemmons
      descendants in KY that I can connect you to.

      Lisa Taylor-Vences in St Louis

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Chris sparks
      <cynthia_sparks2002@...> wrote:

      > SURNAMES:
      > SPARKS,CHILDERS,
      COGAR,KELLY,TAYLOR,ANDERSON,GILLIS,O'DELL,BOGGS,COLEMAN,
      > ARBOGAST,OXIER,MORRIS,ROBINSON,MOORE,HAMILTON,SAMPLES,
      > COOL,FISHER,KINGERY,NEWMAN,RIPPETOE,SIMS,MIDKIFF,MCMURDY,
      > CLEMENTS/CLEMENS,HUNDLEY,ELLIS,WALTERS,
      >
      > TIMELINE: 1700-1900
      >
      > AREA::ENGLAND,IRELAND,HOLLAND,FRANCE,ITALY,GERMANY,
      > MD,PA,VA,KY,OHIO,WVa,NJ,
    • Chris sparks
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
        Please feel free to contact me anytime through the group or my e-mail cynthia_sparks2002@....
        The Clements are the ones I have found nothing on. This is my brickwall.
        Thank you.

      • genealogyist
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
          Which surnames came from Germany because in my family tree several
          came from Germany and we may be related.
          EA

          --- Lisa <taylorvences@...> wrote:

          > Chris:I have my Taylor family in Smyth Co., VA moved to Stillwater,
          > Wolfe Co., KY. Also I have Clements in VA moved to Breathitt Co.,
          KY name changed to Clemens/Clemmons.

          > The Taylor family is direct ancestor. Clements/Clemens/Clemmons
          > married into my family. I am in contact with some Clemmons
          > descendants in KY that I can connect you to.
          >
          > Lisa Taylor-Vences in St Louis
          >
          > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Chris sparks
          > <cynthia_sparks2002@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > SURNAMES:
          > > SPARKS,CHILDERS,
          > COGAR,KELLY,TAYLOR,ANDERSON,GILLIS,O'DELL,BOGGS,COLEMAN,
          > > ARBOGAST,OXIER,MORRIS,ROBINSON,MOORE,HAMILTON,SAMPLES,
          > > COOL,FISHER,KINGERY,NEWMAN,RIPPETOE,SIMS,MIDKIFF,MCMURDY,
          > > CLEMENTS/CLEMENS,HUNDLEY,ELLIS,WALTERS,
          > >
          > > TIMELINE: 1700-1900
          > >
          > > AREA::ENGLAND,IRELAND,HOLLAND,FRANCE,ITALY,GERMANY,
          > > MD,PA,VA,KY,OHIO,WVa,NJ,
        • Chris sparks
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
            Cogar and Arbogast far as I know.

          • mg
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 4, 2007
              Could it be a Native American name? mg

              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 5, 2007
                The surname GEORGE could also be anglesized from
                Georgeopolis a Greek name. I work with someone by that
                name; his family originated on the East Coast.