Re: Hi Everyone...

  • Margie
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
      Hi Kim,

      Thank you for researching that information for me. It may be true
      that Cynthia died in childbirth. It has been a long time since I
      asked for a record of death and was told there was none and if there
      were it probably would not name her parents. I don't know if I trust
      that there was no record...maybe because I gave the time frame of
      1861-1867 and that really was too much to look for. I should try
      again beginning at the date of birth for Samantha Jane.

      Thank you again for your time and research information.

      Margie

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "kim_donley"
      <kim_donley@...> wrote:

      > OOOps...I forgot to say that here is the other marriage for Joseph
      > Shepler. So after Cynthia died he did remarry...........KIM
      >
      > Illinois Marriages, 1851-1900
      > about Joseph M. Shepler
      > Name: Joseph M. Shepler
      > Gender: Male
      > Spouse Name: Rosannah F. Shumate
      > Marriage Date: May 19, 1868
      > Marriage County: Vermilion
      > Comments: This record can be found at the County Court Records, Film #
      > 1298746 - 1298749.

    • Lisa
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
        Chris:I have my Taylor family in Smyth Co., VA moved to Stillwater,
        Wolfe Co., KY. Also I have Clements in VA moved to Breathitt Co., KY
        (name changed to Clemens/Clemmons.

        The Taylor family is direct ancestor. Clements/Clemens/Clemmons
        married into my family. I am in contact with some Clemmons
        descendants in KY that I can connect you to.

        Lisa Taylor-Vences in St Louis

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Chris sparks
        <cynthia_sparks2002@...> wrote:

        > SURNAMES:
        > SPARKS,CHILDERS,
        COGAR,KELLY,TAYLOR,ANDERSON,GILLIS,O'DELL,BOGGS,COLEMAN,
        > ARBOGAST,OXIER,MORRIS,ROBINSON,MOORE,HAMILTON,SAMPLES,
        > COOL,FISHER,KINGERY,NEWMAN,RIPPETOE,SIMS,MIDKIFF,MCMURDY,
        > CLEMENTS/CLEMENS,HUNDLEY,ELLIS,WALTERS,
        >
        > TIMELINE: 1700-1900
        >
        > AREA::ENGLAND,IRELAND,HOLLAND,FRANCE,ITALY,GERMANY,
        > MD,PA,VA,KY,OHIO,WVa,NJ,
      • Chris sparks
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
          Please feel free to contact me anytime through the group or my e-mail cynthia_sparks2002@....
          The Clements are the ones I have found nothing on. This is my brickwall.
          Thank you.

        • genealogyist
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
            Which surnames came from Germany because in my family tree several
            came from Germany and we may be related.
            EA

            --- Lisa <taylorvences@...> wrote:

            > Chris:I have my Taylor family in Smyth Co., VA moved to Stillwater,
            > Wolfe Co., KY. Also I have Clements in VA moved to Breathitt Co.,
            KY name changed to Clemens/Clemmons.

            > The Taylor family is direct ancestor. Clements/Clemens/Clemmons
            > married into my family. I am in contact with some Clemmons
            > descendants in KY that I can connect you to.
            >
            > Lisa Taylor-Vences in St Louis
            >
            > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Chris sparks
            > <cynthia_sparks2002@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > SURNAMES:
            > > SPARKS,CHILDERS,
            > COGAR,KELLY,TAYLOR,ANDERSON,GILLIS,O'DELL,BOGGS,COLEMAN,
            > > ARBOGAST,OXIER,MORRIS,ROBINSON,MOORE,HAMILTON,SAMPLES,
            > > COOL,FISHER,KINGERY,NEWMAN,RIPPETOE,SIMS,MIDKIFF,MCMURDY,
            > > CLEMENTS/CLEMENS,HUNDLEY,ELLIS,WALTERS,
            > >
            > > TIMELINE: 1700-1900
            > >
            > > AREA::ENGLAND,IRELAND,HOLLAND,FRANCE,ITALY,GERMANY,
            > > MD,PA,VA,KY,OHIO,WVa,NJ,
          • Chris sparks
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
              Cogar and Arbogast far as I know.

            • mg
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 4, 2007
                Could it be a Native American name? mg

                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 5, 2007
                  The surname GEORGE could also be anglesized from
                  Georgeopolis a Greek name. I work with someone by that
                  name; his family originated on the East Coast.