Re: [Genealogy Research Club] John M Sandifer, Casey Co, Ky

  • barbara erickson
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
      David, thank you for the information. I have been looking for the youngster for a long time. Barb

      David Simpson <cemeteryphoto@...> wrote: Barbara,
      John M. Sandifer is buried in Freedom Cemetery, Science Hill, Pulaski County, KY. He is listed on FindaGrave.com at http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Sandifer&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=19&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=12912130&
      There is a map to the cemetery on the main Freedom Cemetery page.

      David

      From: barbara erickson <berickson49@...>
      Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

      >Hi everybody, I have a 3 part question;
      >
      > 1- John M Sandifer was born 1841 and died 1880. He is buried in Freedom Cemetery. Where it the cemetery?
      >
      > 2- I can his wife Martha A Fox-Sandifer in the census but not John, where was he?
      >
      > 3- John was in the 4Th Kentucky Infantry, Company B. Where can I find information and the list of soldiers?
      >
      > I found the 1890 Special Schedule with the list of Survivors and Widows for Pulaski, the only list not burned in the 1921 fire. At first he was said to have run off with another but I'm not sure. John is my grandfather's grandfather, I would like to find more on this rascal. I have been looking for him for a loooooong time.
      >
      > Thanks to anyone who can help with this puzzle, Thanks, Barb

    • kim_donley
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 6, 2007
        Was John's Prents Andrew Jackson Sandifer and Rebecca Worley
        (married 28 May 1840 in Casey Co. KY)? If so there is a
        oneworldtree at ancestry: http://awtc.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?
        op=GET&db=*v16t2550&id=I049 hopefully its not yours or i just gave u
        your own link.... KIM

        Found the following i dont know if this is your John Sandifer or not:

        1850 Census Casey Co. KY (all born KY)
        Polly Sandifer 70 female
        Rebecca 50 Female
        Andrew J 30 Male
        Rebecca W 28 fem
        John W 8 Male
        William 6 Male
        Betsy 4 Fem
        Charles 2 Male

        1880 United States Federal Census
        about John Sandifer
        Name: John Sandifer
        Home in 1880: Louisville, Jefferson, Kentucky
        Age: 39
        Estimated birth year: abt 1841
        Birthplace: Kentucky
        Relation to head-of-household: Self (Head)
        Spouse's name: Mary
        Father's birthplace: Kentucky
        Mother's birthplace: Kentucky
        Neighbors: View others on page