Re: [Genealogy Research Club] John M Sandifer, Casey Co, Ky

  • barbara erickson
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
      David, thank you for the information. I have been looking for the youngster for a long time. Barb

      David Simpson <cemeteryphoto@...> wrote: Barbara,
      John M. Sandifer is buried in Freedom Cemetery, Science Hill, Pulaski County, KY. He is listed on FindaGrave.com at http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Sandifer&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=19&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=12912130&
      There is a map to the cemetery on the main Freedom Cemetery page.

      David

      From: barbara erickson <berickson49@...>
      Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

      >Hi everybody, I have a 3 part question;
      >
      > 1- John M Sandifer was born 1841 and died 1880. He is buried in Freedom Cemetery. Where it the cemetery?
      >
      > 2- I can his wife Martha A Fox-Sandifer in the census but not John, where was he?
      >
      > 3- John was in the 4Th Kentucky Infantry, Company B. Where can I find information and the list of soldiers?
      >
      > I found the 1890 Special Schedule with the list of Survivors and Widows for Pulaski, the only list not burned in the 1921 fire. At first he was said to have run off with another but I'm not sure. John is my grandfather's grandfather, I would like to find more on this rascal. I have been looking for him for a loooooong time.
      >
      > Thanks to anyone who can help with this puzzle, Thanks, Barb

    • David Simpson
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
        John,
        There are several cemeteries in Casey County, KY, with Davenports in them. They are:
        Antioch Christian Church
        Middleburg Cemetery
        Old Tarter Graveyard
        South Fork Baptist Church
        Valley Oak Cemetery
        Just go to findagrave.com and do a cemetery search.

        David
      • kim_donley
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 6, 2007
          Was John's Prents Andrew Jackson Sandifer and Rebecca Worley
          (married 28 May 1840 in Casey Co. KY)? If so there is a
          oneworldtree at ancestry: http://awtc.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?
          op=GET&db=*v16t2550&id=I049 hopefully its not yours or i just gave u
          your own link.... KIM

          Found the following i dont know if this is your John Sandifer or not:

          1850 Census Casey Co. KY (all born KY)
          Polly Sandifer 70 female
          Rebecca 50 Female
          Andrew J 30 Male
          Rebecca W 28 fem
          John W 8 Male
          William 6 Male
          Betsy 4 Fem
          Charles 2 Male

          1880 United States Federal Census
          about John Sandifer
          Name: John Sandifer
          Home in 1880: Louisville, Jefferson, Kentucky
          Age: 39
          Estimated birth year: abt 1841
          Birthplace: Kentucky
          Relation to head-of-household: Self (Head)
          Spouse's name: Mary
          Father's birthplace: Kentucky
          Mother's birthplace: Kentucky
          Neighbors: View others on page