Re: [Genealogy Research Club] John M Sandifer, Casey Co, Ky

  • barbara erickson
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5 12:22 PM
      Thank you so much for this information. I found his information at find but could not get a picture. I'm going to visit my aunt in Calif next week and she will be happy about this also. Sorry I can't help with the Davenports. Thanks, Barb

      john armstrong <hotrod195378237@...> wrote: have any davenports in cassy co ky

      David Simpson <cemeteryphoto@...> wrote: Barbara,
      John M. Sandifer is buried in Freedom Cemetery, Science Hill, Pulaski County, KY. He is listed on FindaGrave.com at http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Sandifer&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=19&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=12912130&
      There is a map to the cemetery on the main Freedom Cemetery page.

      David

      From: barbara erickson <berickson49@...>
      Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

      >Hi everybody, I have a 3 part question;
      >
      > 1- John M Sandifer was born 1841 and died 1880. He is buried in Freedom Cemetery. Where it the cemetery?
      >
      > 2- I can his wife Martha A Fox-Sandifer in the census but not John, where was he?
      >
      > 3- John was in the 4Th Kentucky Infantry, Company B. Where can I find information and the list of soldiers?
      >
      > I found the 1890 Special Schedule with the list of Survivors and Widows for Pulaski, the only list not burned in the 1921 fire. At first he was said to have run off with another but I'm not sure. John is my grandfather's grandfather, I would like to find more on this rascal. I have been looking for him for a loooooong time.
      >
      > Thanks to anyone who can help with this puzzle, Thanks, Barb

      porkchop

    • barbara erickson

        From: barbara erickson <berickson49@...>
        Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

        >Hi everybody, I have a 3 part question;
        >
        > 1- John M Sandifer was born 1841 and died 1880. He is buried in Freedom Cemetery. Where it the cemetery?
        >
        > 2- I can his wife Martha A Fox-Sandifer in the census but not John, where was he?
        >
        > 3- John was in the 4Th Kentucky Infantry, Company B. Where can I find information and the list of soldiers?
        >
        > I found the 1890 Special Schedule with the list of Survivors and Widows for Pulaski, the only list not burned in the 1921 fire. At first he was said to have run off with another but I'm not sure. John is my grandfather's grandfather, I would like to find more on this rascal. I have been looking for him for a loooooong time.
        >
        > Thanks to anyone who can help with this puzzle, Thanks, Barb

      • David Simpson
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 5 12:50 PM
          John,
          There are several cemeteries in Casey County, KY, with Davenports in them. They are:
          Antioch Christian Church
          Middleburg Cemetery
          Old Tarter Graveyard
          South Fork Baptist Church
          Valley Oak Cemetery
          Just go to findagrave.com and do a cemetery search.

          David
        • kim_donley
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 6 9:30 AM
            Was John's Prents Andrew Jackson Sandifer and Rebecca Worley
            (married 28 May 1840 in Casey Co. KY)? If so there is a
            oneworldtree at ancestry: http://awtc.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?
            op=GET&db=*v16t2550&id=I049 hopefully its not yours or i just gave u
            your own link.... KIM

            Found the following i dont know if this is your John Sandifer or not:

            1850 Census Casey Co. KY (all born KY)
            Polly Sandifer 70 female
            Rebecca 50 Female
            Andrew J 30 Male
            Rebecca W 28 fem
            John W 8 Male
            William 6 Male
            Betsy 4 Fem
            Charles 2 Male

            1880 United States Federal Census
            about John Sandifer
            Name: John Sandifer
            Home in 1880: Louisville, Jefferson, Kentucky
            Age: 39
            Estimated birth year: abt 1841
            Birthplace: Kentucky
            Relation to head-of-household: Self (Head)
            Spouse's name: Mary
            Father's birthplace: Kentucky
            Mother's birthplace: Kentucky
            Neighbors: View others on page