Re: Hi Everyone...

  • kim_donley
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
      Ok here is 1860 census for Joseph Shepler in Vermillion Illinois
      although it says Smitha by ancestry when u look at the actual census
      it says Syntha which of course is common for Cynthia. Joseph is
      down as a farmer. Found other census 1870, 1880 etc..with a Joseph
      Shepler and a Rosanna? So if it is the same Joseph and he remarried
      there may be a chance that he and Cynthia George had 1 daughter
      named Samantha?? Samantha was 10 in 1870 and 18 in 1880. I believe
      Samantha is Cynthia and Joseph's child because there are other
      children in the house and they have Ky for the place where there
      mother was born and Samantha has Indiana. So it looks like this is
      the right Joseph. I will see what else i can find......KIM

      1860 United States Federal Census
      about Joseph Shepler
      Name: Joseph Shepler
      Age in 1860: 23
      Birth Year: abt 1837
      Birthplace: Indiana
      Home in 1860: Pilot, Vermillion, Illinois
      Gender: Male
      Post Office: Pilot
      Value of real estate: View image
      Household Members: Name Age
      Joseph Shepler 23
      Smitha Shepler 19

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Carol Dimer
      <thedimers@...> wrote:

      > I checked the Illinois marriage index and found a Cynthia E.
      George married Joseph M. Shepler on 11/24/1859 in Vermillion
      county. I tried the census records briefly and could only find a
      Joseph Shepler married to someone else in later years.

      > Carol in Orland Park IL
      >

      > "Life should NOT be a journey to
      > the grave with the intention of
      > arriving safely in an attractive
      > and well preserved body, but
      > rather to skid in sideways,
      > chocolate in one hand, wine in the
      > other, totally worn out and
      > screaming WOO HOO, what a ride!"
      >
      > Unknown

    • kim_donley
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
        OOOps...I forgot to say that here is the other marriage for Joseph
        Shepler. So after Cynthia died he did remarry...........KIM

        Illinois Marriages, 1851-1900
        about Joseph M. Shepler
        Name: Joseph M. Shepler
        Gender: Male
        Spouse Name: Rosannah F. Shumate
        Marriage Date: May 19, 1868
        Marriage County: Vermilion
        Comments: This record can be found at the County Court Records, Film #
        1298746 - 1298749.
      • Margie
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
          Hi Kim,

          Thank you for researching that information for me. It may be true
          that Cynthia died in childbirth. It has been a long time since I
          asked for a record of death and was told there was none and if there
          were it probably would not name her parents. I don't know if I trust
          that there was no record...maybe because I gave the time frame of
          1861-1867 and that really was too much to look for. I should try
          again beginning at the date of birth for Samantha Jane.

          Thank you again for your time and research information.

          Margie

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "kim_donley"
          <kim_donley@...> wrote:

          > OOOps...I forgot to say that here is the other marriage for Joseph
          > Shepler. So after Cynthia died he did remarry...........KIM
          >
          > Illinois Marriages, 1851-1900
          > about Joseph M. Shepler
          > Name: Joseph M. Shepler
          > Gender: Male
          > Spouse Name: Rosannah F. Shumate
          > Marriage Date: May 19, 1868
          > Marriage County: Vermilion
          > Comments: This record can be found at the County Court Records, Film #
          > 1298746 - 1298749.

        • Lisa
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
            Chris:I have my Taylor family in Smyth Co., VA moved to Stillwater,
            Wolfe Co., KY. Also I have Clements in VA moved to Breathitt Co., KY
            (name changed to Clemens/Clemmons.

            The Taylor family is direct ancestor. Clements/Clemens/Clemmons
            married into my family. I am in contact with some Clemmons
            descendants in KY that I can connect you to.

            Lisa Taylor-Vences in St Louis

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Chris sparks
            <cynthia_sparks2002@...> wrote:

            > SURNAMES:
            > SPARKS,CHILDERS,
            COGAR,KELLY,TAYLOR,ANDERSON,GILLIS,O'DELL,BOGGS,COLEMAN,
            > ARBOGAST,OXIER,MORRIS,ROBINSON,MOORE,HAMILTON,SAMPLES,
            > COOL,FISHER,KINGERY,NEWMAN,RIPPETOE,SIMS,MIDKIFF,MCMURDY,
            > CLEMENTS/CLEMENS,HUNDLEY,ELLIS,WALTERS,
            >
            > TIMELINE: 1700-1900
            >
            > AREA::ENGLAND,IRELAND,HOLLAND,FRANCE,ITALY,GERMANY,
            > MD,PA,VA,KY,OHIO,WVa,NJ,
          • Chris sparks
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
              Please feel free to contact me anytime through the group or my e-mail cynthia_sparks2002@....
              The Clements are the ones I have found nothing on. This is my brickwall.
              Thank you.

            • genealogyist
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
                Which surnames came from Germany because in my family tree several
                came from Germany and we may be related.
                EA

                --- Lisa <taylorvences@...> wrote:

                > Chris:I have my Taylor family in Smyth Co., VA moved to Stillwater,
                > Wolfe Co., KY. Also I have Clements in VA moved to Breathitt Co.,
                KY name changed to Clemens/Clemmons.

                > The Taylor family is direct ancestor. Clements/Clemens/Clemmons
                > married into my family. I am in contact with some Clemmons
                > descendants in KY that I can connect you to.
                >
                > Lisa Taylor-Vences in St Louis
                >
                > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Chris sparks
                > <cynthia_sparks2002@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > SURNAMES:
                > > SPARKS,CHILDERS,
                > COGAR,KELLY,TAYLOR,ANDERSON,GILLIS,O'DELL,BOGGS,COLEMAN,
                > > ARBOGAST,OXIER,MORRIS,ROBINSON,MOORE,HAMILTON,SAMPLES,
                > > COOL,FISHER,KINGERY,NEWMAN,RIPPETOE,SIMS,MIDKIFF,MCMURDY,
                > > CLEMENTS/CLEMENS,HUNDLEY,ELLIS,WALTERS,
                > >
                > > TIMELINE: 1700-1900
                > >
                > > AREA::ENGLAND,IRELAND,HOLLAND,FRANCE,ITALY,GERMANY,
                > > MD,PA,VA,KY,OHIO,WVa,NJ,
              • Chris sparks
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
                  Cogar and Arbogast far as I know.

                • mg
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 4, 2007
                    Could it be a Native American name? mg

                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 5, 2007
                      The surname GEORGE could also be anglesized from
                      Georgeopolis a Greek name. I work with someone by that
                      name; his family originated on the East Coast.