Re: [Genealogy Research Club] John M Sandifer, Casey Co, Ky

  • David Simpson
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2007
      Barbara,
      John M. Sandifer is buried in Freedom Cemetery, Science Hill, Pulaski County, KY. He is listed on FindaGrave.com at http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Sandifer&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=19&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=12912130&
      There is a map to the cemetery on the main Freedom Cemetery page.

      David

      From: barbara erickson <berickson49@...>
      Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

      >Hi everybody, I have a 3 part question;
      >
      > 1- John M Sandifer was born 1841 and died 1880. He is buried in Freedom Cemetery. Where it the cemetery?
      >
      > 2- I can his wife Martha A Fox-Sandifer in the census but not John, where was he?
      >
      > 3- John was in the 4Th Kentucky Infantry, Company B. Where can I find information and the list of soldiers?
      >
      > I found the 1890 Special Schedule with the list of Survivors and Widows for Pulaski, the only list not burned in the 1921 fire. At first he was said to have run off with another but I'm not sure. John is my grandfather's grandfather, I would like to find more on this rascal. I have been looking for him for a loooooong time.
      >
      > Thanks to anyone who can help with this puzzle, Thanks, Barb

    • john armstrong
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
        have any davenports in cassy co ky

        David Simpson <cemeteryphoto@...> wrote: Barbara,

        From: barbara erickson <berickson49@...>
        Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

        >Hi everybody, I have a 3 part question;
        >
        > 1- John M Sandifer was born 1841 and died 1880. He is buried in Freedom Cemetery. Where it the cemetery?
        >
        > 2- I can his wife Martha A Fox-Sandifer in the census but not John, where was he?
        >
        > 3- John was in the 4Th Kentucky Infantry, Company B. Where can I find information and the list of soldiers?
        >
        > I found the 1890 Special Schedule with the list of Survivors and Widows for Pulaski, the only list not burned in the 1921 fire. At first he was said to have run off with another but I'm not sure. John is my grandfather's grandfather, I would like to find more on this rascal. I have been looking for him for a loooooong time.
        >
        > Thanks to anyone who can help with this puzzle, Thanks, Barb

        porkchop

      • barbara erickson

          From: barbara erickson <berickson49@...>
          Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

            From: barbara erickson <berickson49@...>
            Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
              John,
              There are several cemeteries in Casey County, KY, with Davenports in them. They are:
              Antioch Christian Church
              Middleburg Cemetery
              Old Tarter Graveyard
              South Fork Baptist Church
              Valley Oak Cemetery
              Just go to findagrave.com and do a cemetery search.

              David
            • kim_donley
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 6, 2007
                Was John's Prents Andrew Jackson Sandifer and Rebecca Worley
                (married 28 May 1840 in Casey Co. KY)? If so there is a
                oneworldtree at ancestry: http://awtc.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?
                op=GET&db=*v16t2550&id=I049 hopefully its not yours or i just gave u
                your own link.... KIM

                Found the following i dont know if this is your John Sandifer or not:

                1850 Census Casey Co. KY (all born KY)
                Polly Sandifer 70 female
                Rebecca 50 Female
                Andrew J 30 Male
                Rebecca W 28 fem
                John W 8 Male
                William 6 Male
                Betsy 4 Fem
                Charles 2 Male

                1880 United States Federal Census
                about John Sandifer
                Name: John Sandifer
                Home in 1880: Louisville, Jefferson, Kentucky
                Age: 39
                Estimated birth year: abt 1841
                Birthplace: Kentucky
                Relation to head-of-household: Self (Head)
                Spouse's name: Mary
                Father's birthplace: Kentucky
                Mother's birthplace: Kentucky
                Neighbors: View others on page