Re: [Genealogy Research Club] John M Sandifer, Casey Co, Ky

  • jonczar@copper.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 27, 2007
      Barbara
      I find 8 Freedom Cemeteries listed in KY on FindaGrave.com. You might try doing a name search on these counties shown there. Not all names are listed, but it is a start. Where is she in the census? Try there first..No Freedom Cemetery listed for Casey Co. It could be adjoining Co or the one they were in last before he died.
      Jon

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2007
        Barbara,
        John M. Sandifer is buried in Freedom Cemetery, Science Hill, Pulaski County, KY. He is listed on FindaGrave.com at http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Sandifer&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=19&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=12912130&
        There is a map to the cemetery on the main Freedom Cemetery page.

        David

        From: barbara erickson <berickson49@...>
        Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

        >Hi everybody, I have a 3 part question;
        >
        > 1- John M Sandifer was born 1841 and died 1880. He is buried in Freedom Cemetery. Where it the cemetery?
        >
        > 2- I can his wife Martha A Fox-Sandifer in the census but not John, where was he?
        >
        > 3- John was in the 4Th Kentucky Infantry, Company B. Where can I find information and the list of soldiers?
        >
        > I found the 1890 Special Schedule with the list of Survivors and Widows for Pulaski, the only list not burned in the 1921 fire. At first he was said to have run off with another but I'm not sure. John is my grandfather's grandfather, I would like to find more on this rascal. I have been looking for him for a loooooong time.
        >
        > Thanks to anyone who can help with this puzzle, Thanks, Barb

      • john armstrong
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
          have any davenports in cassy co ky

          David Simpson <cemeteryphoto@...> wrote: Barbara,

          From: barbara erickson <berickson49@...>
          Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

          >Hi everybody, I have a 3 part question;
          >
          > 1- John M Sandifer was born 1841 and died 1880. He is buried in Freedom Cemetery. Where it the cemetery?
          >
          > 2- I can his wife Martha A Fox-Sandifer in the census but not John, where was he?
          >
          > 3- John was in the 4Th Kentucky Infantry, Company B. Where can I find information and the list of soldiers?
          >
          > I found the 1890 Special Schedule with the list of Survivors and Widows for Pulaski, the only list not burned in the 1921 fire. At first he was said to have run off with another but I'm not sure. John is my grandfather's grandfather, I would like to find more on this rascal. I have been looking for him for a loooooong time.
          >
          > Thanks to anyone who can help with this puzzle, Thanks, Barb

          porkchop

        • barbara erickson

            From: barbara erickson <berickson49@...>
            Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

              From: barbara erickson <berickson49@...>
              Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
                John,
                There are several cemeteries in Casey County, KY, with Davenports in them. They are:
                Antioch Christian Church
                Middleburg Cemetery
                Old Tarter Graveyard
                South Fork Baptist Church
                Valley Oak Cemetery
                Just go to findagrave.com and do a cemetery search.

                David
              • kim_donley
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 6, 2007
                  Was John's Prents Andrew Jackson Sandifer and Rebecca Worley
                  (married 28 May 1840 in Casey Co. KY)? If so there is a
                  oneworldtree at ancestry: http://awtc.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?
                  op=GET&db=*v16t2550&id=I049 hopefully its not yours or i just gave u
                  your own link.... KIM

                  Found the following i dont know if this is your John Sandifer or not:

                  1850 Census Casey Co. KY (all born KY)
                  Polly Sandifer 70 female
                  Rebecca 50 Female
                  Andrew J 30 Male
                  Rebecca W 28 fem
                  John W 8 Male
                  William 6 Male
                  Betsy 4 Fem
                  Charles 2 Male

                  1880 United States Federal Census
                  about John Sandifer
                  Name: John Sandifer
                  Home in 1880: Louisville, Jefferson, Kentucky
                  Age: 39
                  Estimated birth year: abt 1841
                  Birthplace: Kentucky
                  Relation to head-of-household: Self (Head)
                  Spouse's name: Mary
                  Father's birthplace: Kentucky
                  Mother's birthplace: Kentucky
                  Neighbors: View others on page