Re: [Genealogy Research Club] meaning or origins of first names

  • Karen Minnemeyer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2007
      Thanks to Suzanne's question, and Forrest's reply; I have finally found the origin and meaning of my father's and grandfather's given name, and the middle name I gave my son (Costa) which has driven me to distraction for years. It is of Greek origin and means firm or constant.

      Perhaps a strange name chosen by a French/German bloodline; but hey, I finally know it is truly a given name and someone didn't just make it up!

      Thanks,
      Karen

      Karen E. Minnemeyer
      kamiki1@...