Albert Fisher, please help find

  • barbara erickson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2007
      Hi everybody, I need help with this one. My ggrandfather's name was Albert John Fisher, that is here in America. He was born June 01, 1882 in Hradek, Plzen, Czechoslovakia. His name spelled there was Adelbertus Tyser/Tiser. I have information from the time he came to the USA but would like to find anyone from where he grew up. His father was Norbert and mother was Barbora Tomaskova. I was named after her. He had a brother who came to the USA, Martin Tyser. The last name change was when Albert was at Ellis Island. He didn't speak English, they didn't hear Czech, so he ended up with Fisher. He came to the USA in June 1903 but I can't find him in the listing from Ellis Island. Seems that he worked on the ship going back and forth across the "pond" and one time got into trouble at home. His mom said go to America and when he got here he went into town,New York City, and when he went back to the ship it was gone, so he just stayed. I have no information about ship names. He did
      receive his citizen papers July 5, 1921. That is what I have. Whatever help is out there I'll be thankful for, no rush on time, I've waited this long. Thanks, Barb