Re: [Genealogy Research Club] International Adoption Genealogy

  • Suzann Heim
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9 3:18 AM
      I have recently found out my step sister told me i was adopt by my step dad but i don't know how to find my real dad Brian Dunn. he would be in his seventies. iam 40 years old my maiden name is farrow, as it was my step dads name, only found this out in 2000 i was adopted by him... ever since then been on quest looking for my dad not shure if he;s english or american but sister has given inclin to him beening one or the other as when my dad was way step dad was way at war she met with afew americans and had an affair..back in 1963 ,,, i was born novmeber 1964

      Suzanne <LivingstoneAncestry@...> wrote: Is there any chance anyone on here has tried to research the
      genealogy or the family tree of a child that was adopted overseas? I
      know there is a group just for that, but am just wondering if anyone
      has tried that before

      My son is from the country of Georgia and I have the birth mothers
      name. She didn't provide a father's name though. And apparently she
      kept the pregnancy a secret from her family. My son does have two
      half brothers though too. I have my son listed on my family tree
      with a notation he's adopted. He carries my family last name (I'm
      not married) so he'll be the only one carrying on the family name
      (Livingstone) from our branch but he's not the blood of our family

      He'll know about the adoption as soon as he's old enough. I'm almost
      thinking that since the mother didn't want anyone to know about him
      that maybe researching his blood line would be a bad idea, but then
      again maybe she regrets giving him up.

      Thanks for any advice or suggestions

      Suzanne

    • Bill & Christine
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14 4:48 PM
        We did a search via a search engine via a data base
        and found these brian dunn's in the 70 year old range.
        Unknown if your brian dunn is one of these, he may be.
        On the other hand he may have died and suggest you
        check out the Social security death index.
        CNB

        BRIAN C DUNN 71 BRADENTON FL
        BRIAN C DUNN 71 FARMINGTON MI
        BRIAN C DUNN 71 GLENNIE MI