Re:Need guidance on a computer program

  • Kathy P
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
      You can do an ahnentafel report - if that meets your needs.
      Start with the person you want to list the ancestry for.
      Click on Reports, then genealogy reports. A report will appear - but the default is a descendant report. Click on Format (on the menu bar), and click on genealogy report format. You have three choices. Choose the Ahnentafel (ancestry ordered) Report and click OK.
      You may need to change the number of generations in your report to go to 14. You can do that in the Format menu, also.

      Hope this is what you wanted.

      Kathy
      Genealogists never die, they just lose their census.

    • Bill & Christine
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
        I may have miss spelled the subject.

        Rootsweb.com
        Type in scott for surname hit click
        Click on world connect and click on any name there.
        There is a listing procedure that goes from current
        date back to the earliest date about 200 to 600 years
        ago.

        It is called Ahnentafel. How does one get this
        program installed on my Family Tree Maker vs 11?

        OR we could have a separate program and import my tree
        from FTM vs11 and have it read out.
        Bill

        that gives answers, not web links.
      • Bill & Christine
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
          Kathy:
          Would like to thank you for solving this problem.

          I posted same request with the name correctly
          Ahnentafel but I included this Name in the subject
          line to let everyone else that the content was
          changed.

          Thank you again Kathy.

          Bill

          mailto:genealogyresearchclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com