Need guidance on a computer program

  • Bill & Christine
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
      We are using Family tree maker version 11. We have about 3,000 names
      in it now and have 14 different line going back into 1600's.
      To print a chart or anything from then to now we will have to print 14
      times.

      Was wondering if we could tie all 14 relatives into one spot and print
      from there?

      There is a way to print from current to the oldest we found on
      rootsweb.com. How could it be done on a private way?
      Christine and Bill
    • Kathy P
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
        You can do an ahnentafel report - if that meets your needs.
        Start with the person you want to list the ancestry for.
        Click on Reports, then genealogy reports. A report will appear - but the default is a descendant report. Click on Format (on the menu bar), and click on genealogy report format. You have three choices. Choose the Ahnentafel (ancestry ordered) Report and click OK.
        You may need to change the number of generations in your report to go to 14. You can do that in the Format menu, also.

        Hope this is what you wanted.

        Kathy
        Genealogists never die, they just lose their census.

      • Bill & Christine
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
          I may have miss spelled the subject.

          Rootsweb.com
          Type in scott for surname hit click
          Click on world connect and click on any name there.
          There is a listing procedure that goes from current
          date back to the earliest date about 200 to 600 years
          ago.

          It is called Ahnentafel. How does one get this
          program installed on my Family Tree Maker vs 11?

          OR we could have a separate program and import my tree
          from FTM vs11 and have it read out.
          Bill

          that gives answers, not web links.
        • Bill & Christine
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
            Kathy:
            Would like to thank you for solving this problem.

            I posted same request with the name correctly
            Ahnentafel but I included this Name in the subject
            line to let everyone else that the content was
            changed.

            Thank you again Kathy.

            Bill

            mailto:genealogyresearchclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com