San Francisco immigration records?

  • Zarah
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2007
      Does anyone know if there are records of immigrants who came into the
      country through San Francisco and the surrounding area? Something like
      Ellis Island, but for the West Coast?

      I'm trying to track down additional information about my ggrandparents:
      Ralph Dixson b.1905 served in the Philippines during WWII and while
      there married Patracino Cruezada b.1912. I believe that they, as well
      as at least three children and possibly Patracino's mother and sister
      (s), traveled by boat from the Philippines to San Francisco shortly
      after the Japanese surrendered, probably late 1945 or early 1946. They
      might have been living on an Army base when they got here, before
      moving to Oregon.

      What I'm hoping to find is the name(s) and relationship(s) of my
      ggrandmother's family who traveled with them. Any suggestions?

      Thanks,

      Zarah
    • Lois Edwards
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 27, 2007
        You might check on Olive tree genealogy. They have
        lots of passenger records.

        mailto:genealogyresearchclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 29, 2007
          Try Ancestry.com. If you do not have a subscription, try your local library
          or Family History Center. Just the other day I got 3 immigration records of
          cousins coming and going to and from the Canadian border during the early
          20th Century. Hope this helps

          --
          Forrest Plumstead WB5HQO
          Researching Plumstead, Schroeder,