Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Help with California Census

  • barbara erickson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 2007
      Hi Mike, it looks like at one time my Peters were in Illinois. About 1898, that is when my great-uncle was born, Leo grant Peters. Any connection? Barb

      Michael Peters <paperboy1949@...> wrote: Barb,

      I couldn't tell you for sure if the districts change, but I see you
      are researching the Peters. Do you know if any of your family comes
      from Illinois or Kansas?

      Mike Peters

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, barbara erickson
      <berickson49@...> wrote:

      > Hi everybody, I have a question that I hope someone can answer. In
      the census records of Los Angeles there are District numbers. Do the
      district numbers change at all? I have been looking for family
      members there and can find them in 1920 and then, POOF, 1930 there
      are not in California at all. I knew some of the people growing up
      and know that they died in the state but still can't find them. If
      the district numbers do not change then I could go page after page to
      see if they are in the same area. I have been looking for John Wesley
      Peters, Mary Jane Celeste Peters and family. I have 1920 but nothing
      else. These are my great-grand parents.