Re: Albert DeVries

  • Tom Knox
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31 8:47 AM
      Tina -

      Is this your Albert?

      1930 Leighton, Allegan, Michigan
      DeVrees, John, head 37 married at age 23 farmer, truck farm
      (), Jennie/wife/36, Josie/13, Henry/12, Albert/8,
      (), Henrietta, daughter 4+8m born MI
      http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
      htx=View&r=an&dbid=6224&iid=MIT626_972-1006
      NOTES:
      ** All birthplaces (except Henrietta) say "Vreeland Netherland".
      For citizenship, all (except Henrietta) say immigrated "1925 Alien".

      This is a possible match -
      U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946
      Name: Alber De Vries
      Birth Year: 1921
      Race: White, citizen (White)
      Nativity State or Country: Holland OR Netherlands
      State: Michigan
      County or City: Allegan
      Enlistment Date: 31 Oct 1942
      Enlistment State: Michigan
      Enlistment City: Kalamazoo
      Grade: Private
      Education: 1 year of high school
      Marital Status: Single, without dependents
      Height: 70
      Weight: 153

      - Tom Knox IBSSG

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tina Stedman"
      <tolksteel@...> wrote:

      > I am looking for more info on Albert De Vries. He served in WWII.
      He