My first experience with LDS films

  • laura385m
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2007
      I went up to the church to view the film.
      It was not what I expected.
      Their viewer was horrible. The image was so huge as to be
      unreadable. There is no way to print. There is no way to adjust the
      size / focus of what you are viewing.

      I have viewed several films at the local libray. Their viewers are
      great, you can focus / make bigger / smaller, print. But the viewer
      at the church is not at all like that.

      The woman at the church advised me to bring a camera to copy whatever
      I need. I am just not sure it will be worth ordering other films if
      it is like this. What good is it to make a copy of something you
      can't read?

      The film is loaded above the screen viewed. Light comes from above
      that. There is probably 2 1/2 to 3 feet between the screen and the
      film. I held a piece of paper halfway between the screen and the
      film, and it was somewhat clearer and less distorted (smaller), and
      somewhat readable. However there is no way to photograph that.

      Any suggestions?