Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Trying again....software

  • Jon P Czarowitz
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2007
      Although there are many good ones and most are free, the one I find
      is the fastest and most complete can be found at
      http://misbach.org/gedbrowser/.
      I caution you to open it only instead a folder, not directly on your
      desktop. I made that mistake and had to remove the 2000 files from a
      desktop that only displays about 50 at a time. I wasn't expecting so
      many.
      It produced these in less than 5 minutes, which is much faster than
      any other I had used, including PAF. Some use added safeguards
      because you are going to upload to their site. These will not allow
      changes without uploading a fresh GEDCOM. Remove private info before
      using a GEDCOM for this or restrict the viewing by just your family
      connected researchers.
      Good luck and send us the URL so we can see the results.
      I have one up on Tripod at http://members.tripod.com/czarowitz/. This
      was produced from the PAF program.
      Jon