RE: [Genealogy Research Club] Hi, need some help about naturalization laws

  • Jon P Czarowitz
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2007
      One possibility is that Father was married more than once. If so the
      younger siblings might not have known the first wife and considered
      the one they knew as Mother of all. I ran into this situation already.
      Husband married once had five children, but their Mother died while
      they were little. he remarried so they would have a female to care
      for them. She too died, but because 1st wife was already in family
      plot, they buried her next to her parents. He married a widow. He
      died and was properly buried next to his first wife. When 3rd died
      she was buried next to her 1st husband so it was thought, but with
      the TX rains, they could not get to his cemetery plot, so she is
      buried in a different cemetery.
      Took a long time to sort that one out.
      When your ancestors parents died the children were usually taken by
      relatives so these step parents may still give you a clue to natural
      ones. Perhaps the records at the location where they died gave care
      to steps???

      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2007
        Ah, but these graves we are talking about would be in Poland. Sounds
        like you had one great time with your steps too.

        My step stories are so long and involved it would take hours to type
        all the angles and reasons I disagree with my aunts on what they say.
        That is why I am going to try the LDS films, to see whatever I can
        find.

        I guess what gets to me is that we are talking about my grandparents,
        not some great-great-relative....

        Laura