New Project for Family Search

  • Tina Stedman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2007
      I wanted to give everyone in the Genealogy Research Club a chance to
      give back to the genealogy community.

      This is from a Legacy Newsletter that I received. Can't find an
      author in order to give credit. Here is the direct link though,
      http://legacynews.typepad.com/legacy_news/2007/04/familysearch_in.html

      We currently have over 2800 members in this club. If only 500 of our
      members would volunteer to transcribe one page a day, that would be
      182,500 pages of genealogical data transcribed by our club. This
      information will be made available free of charge.

      A lot of people complain about how much it costs for memberships, here
      is a chance to make a difference. I am signed up and I encourage each
      of you to volunteer your time and to let others know about this project.

      Make a difference! Sign up!! It's free and It's easy. I am not
      getting anything for encouraging you to sign up except that more
      records will be available online.

      Tina Stedman
      Genealogy Research Club Admin