Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Looking for information on Eliza Crean or Crehan, Irish orphan

  • mary g
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 8, 2007
      Thanks...I am going to look for Devery second-cousins who might remember more.

      I keep thinking the Taft family might have some records but I did write to the main geneologist of their family and he didn't seem to know. I have seen records of servants in the Taft family though (that is whom she was employed by, or could she have been indentured? Many young Irishers were..). Would anyone know any way of tracking servants of well-known families? mg

      jordan martin <army_wife1006@...> wrote:
      My mother is a family historian and I let her read you email. She said if your great grandmother was only seven or eight when she came across more then likely she was being looked after by a family and she stayed with that family. My mom said she highly doubts you'll find a paper trail on her. If there are any older family members left, cousins of you grandmothers anyone who could shed just a little light on the area you should talk to them. The slightest little info can really help. good luck.

      mary g <maryogarvey@...> wrote: Hello all. I am a rank ameteur here but have found some amazing discoveries about other family members. But this is my great-grandmother, the little Irish orphan girl who came to America during the potato famine, all by herself at the age of 7 or 8. She seems to have been born in

      Recent Activity

      6
      New Members

      1