Looking For Help

  • fish972002
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8 8:21 AM
      I am wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction?? My
      Grandfather is Roland William Fish, dob:05 apr 1876, cincinnati, ohio,
      dod:23 oct 1940. his father was William Fish, from england(according
      to roland's d.c.), his mother was Emily Wood, from dakota(again
      according to d.c.) I have found Roland in the 1920 & 1930 Census, but
      nothing earlier. What I would like to do is get Roland's b.c. from
      ohio, but every site I go to tells me to request it from a different
      place. Has anyone requested a b.c. from the cincinnati area before and
      where do go to get one?

      thanks,
      mark
    • jbaconsr
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8 2:39 PM
        What was Roland's wifes name and whereabouts did you find them in
        1920 and 1930? I can't seem to connect either, but maybe with those
        bits of information,it might be easier.Thanks.

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "fish972002"
        <fish972002@...> wrote:

        > I am wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction??
        My
        > Grandfather is Roland William Fish, dob:05 apr 1876, cincinnati,
        ohio,
        > dod:23 oct 1940. his father was William Fish, from england
        (according
        > to roland's d.c.), his mother was Emily Wood, from dakota(again
        > according to d.c.) I have found Roland in the 1920 & 1930 Census,
        but
        > nothing earlier. What I would like to do is get Roland's b.c.
        from
        > ohio, but every site I go to tells me to request it from a
        different
        > place. Has anyone requested a b.c. from the cincinnati area
        before and
        > where do go to get one?
        >
        > thanks,
        > mark

      • fish972002
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 15 12:11 PM
          Hi,
          In 1920 Roland is in Syracuse, NY and his wife is Loretta Fish, who
          was Loretta Graham in 1910 Census, and born a Carr. According to a
          couple of family members they do not remember a Loretta Carr, Graham,
          Fish- Her name was Viretta(no proof) Again in Syracuse, NY in 1930
          Roland is with a Rosetta, who was also a Carr, then O'Rourke, then
          Fish and had a son, Clarence, with unknown father Petrillo. Again by
          other family it is rumored that Viretta and Rosetta were sisters(no
          proof) I'm not sure if any of this helps or not, it just confuses me.
          Thanks, Mark

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "jbaconsr"