Spanish American War Vets?

  • uber_mensch2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2007
      I have added a new album called Davies. I have added a photo of a group
      of men in uniform. One of the men is my gr-grandfather. I need help
      identifying what this group is. As he was born 1874 it would put him
      around the right age for that war. Any ideas?

      Thank you,
      Howard

      [prof@...]
    • D. Price
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2007
        I would try to get a military service record on him first. It would
        give you alot of information about when he served, honors earned,
        etc. Good luck....Diane
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "uber_mensch2002"
        <prof@...> wrote:

        > I have added a new album called Davies. I have added a photo of a
        group
        > of men in uniform. One of the men is my gr-grandfather. I need help
        > identifying what this group is. As he was born 1874 it would put
        him
        > around the right age for that war. Any ideas?
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Howard
        >
        > [prof@...]

      • uber_mensch2002
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10, 2007
          Thank you for the suggestion. I have used this successfully with my
          father's record, however, it resulted in no records for my
          gr-grandfather. I am hoping that someone can ID their uniforms.
          I know he lived in IL, Idaho and, Oklahoma around that time so I am
          not sure where this picture was taken. I suspect it was in IL.

          Thank you for writing.

          Howard

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "D. Price" <ldyvtdi@...>