What do the following mean

  • Suzanne
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2007
      HAPPY EASTER ALL!!!!!

      I'm hoping someone here might know what the following mean. The
      further I go back or add family names (of even non blood relatives) the
      odder the names get. I know that it use to be way way back, last names
      were never used. Instead if was maybe something like "Eleanor Of
      Burgundy"

      When it says "Emma De Cardinan", does the "De" mean the same thing
      as "Of" like Emma De Cardinan equals to Emma Of Cardinan?

      I was wondering the same thing about the use of "Dit" or "Dite"
      like "Emma Dit Cardinan". Would that also equate to Emma Of Cardinan?

      Thanks, Suzanne