Calvin Simmons

  • tryintowinbig
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2007
      I am trying to locate the first wife of a Calvin Henry Simmons. He
      was born in Georgia in 1830. I believe he married a woman named Anna
      Martha (maiden name unknown) in 1860 and they had two
      daughters...Frances Alva and Anna Martha. She passed away in 1866,
      and he remarried in 1867 to Lavonia Elizabeth Davis. I can't find
      anything on his first wife because I am not sure of her maiden name.
      I am going to guess that she was from the same area of Georgia he
      was...Cave Spring, Floyd, Georgia. A possible birthdate for Anna is 8
      May 1841. Anyone also searching this line? I found the two daughters
      on the 1880 census with Calvin and Lavonia, but the 1860 census has
      Calvin still living at home and I can't find him on the 1870 census.

      Cynthia